Join us as a Airbnb hosting assistant. We have multiple waterfront vacation rental cottages that we need help with. It’s a wonderful opportunity for nature lovers.
AIRBNB COTTAGE RENTAL ASSISTANT
My husband and I own multiple lakefront cottages properties that we rent out to vacationers who come from various parts of the world. They rent our cottages to experience an authentic cottaging experience in the famous Muskoka region.
We have already had assistants from France, Mexico, and England and they have been wonderful!!!
OUR NEXT OPENING WILL BE LATE AUGUST/EARLY SEPTEMBER (or later). IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, CONTACT ME. I’M FLEXIBLE ON DATES AND DURATION.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on the season. Contact me, we can discuss and I’ll explain the responsibilities during that fit with the timing of your stay.
This stay is a combination of city living (mostly during the week at our house in Toronto) and lakefront living (weekends at our cottage), with the possibility of some week days at the cottage during summer, depending on the season.
YOUR WEEKENDS AT THE COTTAGE (3 days: Friday – Sunday)
- At the cottage EVERY weekend helping our family with our cottage rental business (Sometimes 3-day weekends, sometimes 2-day weekends)
- We need your help only at the cottage on weekends
- During your “off hours” you can enjoy the cottage life ie canoeing kayaking, swimming, campfires, boating/waterskiing/wake-boarding etc or just relax in a hammock or enjoy the sunset
WEEKDAYS IN TORONTO (4 days: Monday – Thursday)
- No help required You are free to do what you wish
- You can get a job in Toronto (under the table), or study English at a local ESL school or travel
- Lots of privacy and free time
- You can do some travel during your off days ie Niagara Falls, Montreal, New York City etc
- You will help us for 25 hours each weekend at the cottage (heavy lifting may be required)
- In exchange for your help, we provide you room and board and a wonderful family experience
AIRBNB HOSTING ASSISTANT OPPORTUNITY IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- loves nature / outdoors
- comfortable with physical work ie help with cleaning cottages, gardening / wood splitting / working on our property / lawn mowing / moving wood etc
- hard working
- committed to a fair exchange arrangement
We have had almost 10 helpers over the years, mostly from France but also from Mexico. We have wonderful relationships with them during and after their stay with our family, and we keep in touch with them. As part of this program, you will be treated as part of our family.
- Mom (Sandra) and Dad (Bill)
- 3 kids (Lauren 26 years, she is a banker and lives at home, Andrew 25 years and lives at home as he is a Pilot / Flight Instructor.
- dog Holden is very friendly and loveable and always wants affection and attention. Holden is a large dog , a Yellow Labrador. He is friendly and loves affection. We also have cats.
- Own travel insurance recommended.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help this bed and breakfast while volunteering in Quebec, Canada
- Help to renovate a house while volunteering in Puerto Rico.
- Build and experience an off-grid homestead while volunteering in Kentucky, USA.
- Volunteer Work Hostel Spain on the Beach
- Hostel Volunteer Work in France
- Communal Living France
- Volunteer at a Panama Surf Paradise & Live for Free
- Volunteer in Costa Rica and Work in Exchange for Room and Board
- Join our Fighting Poverty 10 month Program in Caribbean & Belize
- La Esperanza Volunteering Granada, Nicaragua