Africa calling? Make music in Zambia. We need volunteers to come to Zambia and share their time, talents, and skills with our kids.
Our organization works with underprivileged kids, orphans, and neglected kids in the community – helping them realize their interests, talents, and calling in life. We are a non-profit Christian faith-based charity.
Stay duration: Ideally 1 month preferred
Places available: 2 volunteers
Hours & roster: 18-20 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation with a local family
What’s Not Included? Meals, Flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money, visa
Make Music Zambia – Help Required
We need volunteers to assist is some of the following areas:
- Making music and music videos with the kids.
- Assisting in outdoor games and sports with the kids.
- A lot of hanging out with the kids.
- Visiting the poor and spending time with the homeless.
- Sharing your cooking skills and learning to cook traditional dishes.
- Gardening, sweeping, and painting.
- Website development – we need a website for our foundation and help to promote it online.
Hours & Roster
- 18-20 hours a week.
- Preferred stay length is 1 month.
- Message chat & interview before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: We offer a free shared room with a local family.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your sleeping bag and towels. Volunteers can wash their laundry by hand.
Eating: All meals are your responsibility, you can buy food locally. Otherwise, you can eat with your homestay family for the agreed cost of £30 a week.
Transport: We are situated in the city of Kitwe which is approx. 5-hour drive from the capital Lusaka. We can arrange for someone to meet you at Lusaka airport and bring you to Kitwe. You will pay the cost. We can provide more details on confirmation of the stay.
Make Music Zambia – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- 18 + age preference.
- Single travellers, two friends and couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Wi-Fi available locally.
- Learning – You will learn much about local Zambian life.
- Sightseeing: Zambia is full of national parks and has a diverse range of wildlife, all on your doorstep.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Kenya Volunteer Placement. Teach Computer Skills & Support Children.
- Volunteer in Togo, Africa & help to improve education.
- Volunteer in Kenya & engage in environmental or wildlife conservation.
- Morocco Teaching Placement. Teach English, French & German To Students.
- Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic
- Be a Nature Park Helper in Crete, Greece
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Surf Hostel Volunteering in Ireland
- Finland Guest House Helping
- Teach English in Italy this Summer with us