Live in a Meditation Centre in England with us. In return for your time, we will offer you free food, Wi-Fi, accommodation, laundry, and access to all of our meditation classes and courses.
Nagarjuna Kadampa Meditation Center in Thornby is set in the beautiful countryside of Northants where it serves as a special place of peace and refuge.
Everyone is welcome to visit or stay and enjoy this peaceful place. The Center has beautiful meditation rooms, a relaxing World Peace Café, extensive gardens, and guest and residents rooms. It’s home to a diverse community of people of all ages, living in accordance with Buddha’s teachings.
The Center offers an exciting spiritual program for all levels of interest through a variety of meditation classes, day and weekend courses, and retreats. You do not have to be a Buddhist to take part in the program or to benefit from it. Nagarjuna Kadampa Meditation Center is a completely inclusive community.
The tools we provide can help everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, occupation, religion, philosophy, way of life or background. Everyone can benefit from these teachings without exception, and everyone is welcome.
We are looking for volunteers to help in our World Peace Cafe, kitchen, gardening, painting, office and household – there are many activities. If you are interested, while you are with us, you will be able to attend meditation classes/courses for free in return for 35 hours per week. We also offer accommodation, laundry and three plentiful vegetarian meals per day.
Meditation Centre Volunteering – Tasks & Roles
Volunteers run our center, and we would be very grateful for any help you can give.
World Peace Café – our busy cafe is a fun and energetic environment and is where most of the work at our center is needed. There are fully trained baristas here who make coffee training fun and exciting. We will teach you some great skills and also provide an environment for you to improve on any of your existing cafe skills.
We also have lots of other work needed for our center. This includes working on publicity, promoting the center and what we offer. Gardening, maintaining our beautiful gardens. Housekeeping, to ensure that our rooms are always at the best standards possible, and other general help is always needed around our center.
Meditation Centre Volunteering Living
Free dormitory accommodation. Free 3 standard meals per day.
From the A14, exit at Junction 1 and turn right towards Thornby. In Thornby, turn left at The Red Lion pub. The entrance to Thornby Hall is 100 meters on the left.
We recommend that when travelling that you always have your own travel insurance.
- Age Restriction: from 18 years old and above.
- There are short and long-term opportunities available from a minimum of one month stay.
- We do have rules such as no alcohol, drugs, TV, loud music or meat on-site. We require a reference.
Easy Exchanges in England
- Experience a Farm Work Exchange & Adventure (England)
- Join our 10 Month Program Volunteering in Africa/India (England)
- Stay in a Meditation Centre in Leicester (England)
- Gardening & Helping with Small Holding (England)
- Join our Liverpool Hostel as a Volunteer (England)
- Guest House Helping Lancaster (England)
- Cottage Farm Volunteering Opportunity (England)
- Gothic Mansion Living While Volunteering (England)
- Volunteer, Intern or Work Experience in Hospitality (England)
- Experience a Farm Stay in the Lake District (England)
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Come Volunteering Helping Kids in India
- Join Our Vietnam Language Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City
- Enjoy Farming and Teaching Volunteering in Thailand
- Vietnam Teach English and Live in Ha Giang
- Animal Sanctuary Volunteering Thailand
- Volunteer Working With A Street Children Charity
- Be a Animal Rescue Volunteer with us in India
- Teach in Cambodia with us
- Volunteer East Timor (No fees, free room & board)
Posts by us
- Here’s how to Find Your Calling
- Why a homestay overseas is a great way to learn a language
- Scared of volunteering abroad? Here’s how to face your fears
- The Intrepid Traveller’s Guide to Volunteering in Russia
- Guide to being an Au Pair in New Zealand
- Going to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- Staying in a hostel can save you some serious money
- Volunteering Visa Guide to Backpacking in South America
- What is volunteering? 10 ways you can change the world