Does India Orphanage Volunteering interest you? Well, if you’re in a gap year or feel like giving back, we might be the answer.
We need volunteers to help run our home and school for street and orphaned children.
India Orphanage Volunteering – Quick Checks
- Hours & roster: 15-20 hours a week
- What’s included? Accommodation and all meals. We ask for a donation of € 20.00 / day per person
- What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, visa & pocket money
- Selection process: Tell us your areas of interest, skills and education background and why you want to volunteer with us
Tasks & Roles
We need volunteers to share their talents, skills, wisdom, knowledge, abilities and time. India Orphanage Volunteering helpers will help in the following areas:
- Teach English to elementary and high school children.
- Teach basic Maths to elementary children.
- Food preparation and serving food to the children.
- Provide lessons in personal hygiene.
- Teach extra-curricular activities like singing, painting and crafts.
- Teach sport & games like volleyball, football and badminton.
- Encourage children in their education by giving them career guidance.
- Teach computer literacy.
A volunteer day starts around 7.30-8 am, usually with the sound of a rooster, dog, or voices of children. After a cool bucket shower, you help serve breakfast to the kids. Every meal contains rice and almost every meal includes curry.
After breakfast, you begin teaching. You teach from around 9 to around noon. The kids are divided into five different classes each teaching a different subject.
India Orphanage Volunteering Living
- Sleeping: Accommodation is included.
- Linen & Laundry: Volunteers need to bring their own sleeping bag & towels. Local laundry facilities are available. As we are a charity, we do gracefully accept donations from volunteers towards your stay.
- Eating: Free basic meals included, we share all meals.
- Transport: Volunteers will arrive at the domestic airport of Vijayawada, which is 30 minutes travelling by car from our campus. Our staff will pick you up at the airport.
- You should be older than 18.
- Couples, male and female volunteers accepted.
- Change yourself: By volunteering abroad you will learn so much about yourself and do things that you never imagined you were capable of. You will be changed forever because you will have a greater understanding of another culture. You will challenge your limits and you will develop friendships.
- Build your resume: Many employers value volunteers above all else. If you have volunteered on your resume it shows that you are flexible, patient, and committed. Many travelers know where they want to go, but don’t know what to do once they get there. Volunteering abroad gives your travels a purpose and an itinerary.
Mercy & Grace Charitable Trust is registered as a non Profit Charitable Organization under the rules and regulations of the Trust Act 1882, F C R A revised Act 2010, registered as under section 80 G Income Tax Exemption and PAN identification .
The Founder & Trustee, who resigned his Government Bank Job in 2000 for working full time for Mercy & Grace activities / projects and he donated own money from his monthly salaries and supported for needs of the Gospel and needs of the Charity and also, his wife,Nirmala Managing Trustee who donated her own piece of land and shelter to Mercy & Grace Orphanage & School for Children. His son Rajesh who is working for helping the Children as a volunteer.
The Volunteers, Sponsors, and Donors are joined as partners to Mercy & Grace Charitable Trust. Most of them visited and stayed a few weeks and months at Mercy & Grace to support the charitable activities to uplift the poor and needy from their poverty line.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer in Serbia Working in our Belgrade Hostel Reception
- Volunteer Building an Eco Village in Austria
- Experience Permaculture Farm Volunteering in Belgium
- Join our Hotel Work Exchange as a Volunteer in Netherlands
- Volunteer on a Organic Farm in Portugal
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- La Esperanza Volunteering Granada, Nicaragua
- ESL Teaching Volunteer Placements Guatemala City
- Marketing Placement Abroad in Costa Rica