Want to experience a self-sustainable permaculture farm in India near Mumbai/Pune and help it flourish further? We invite volunteers to learn, contribute & explore their flair for permaculture, carpentry, architecture, and photos.
Volunteer on a farm in India – requirements & tasks
We are looking for like-minded nature enthusiasts, with a variety of skill sets, who will work with nature to help us with a plantation, farming, carpentry, natural building, and more, and contribute to achieving self-sustainability, while learning and enjoying the process and building their credentials.
This is a fully-functional farm, where the permaculturist owners are residing most of the time and are fully involved in farm management activities, with the support of some local villagers. We are now looking to do progressive enhancements at the farm, with the help of volunteers.
For 2023, we are looking for volunteer contribution with these skill sets:
- Farming and Gardening the Permaculture Way. The work comprises tree and seed plantation, developing a gardening landscape, tending to vegetable beds, de-weeding, mulching, harvesting, watering trees, composting, general clearing up, and other tasks associated with permaculture farming, and also small DIY gardening projects to improve the overall aesthetics of the place.
- Carpentry / Bamboo Working: We are looking for those with experience in carpentry or something similar (and experience in use of natural materials like bamboo preferable), to help us build Tree Houses, Bamboo Huts, furniture making, and DIY décor items.
- Natural Building (Sustainable Architects): We are looking for young architect volunteers with the passion and enthusiasm to build natural structures such as Cob Oven, Amphitheatre, Dorms, Tree Houses, and Bamboo Huts, using local available material.
We will ask you to help for about 30 hours a week.
Volunteer on a farm in India – what we offer
At ‘Natutarian’, we are excited to share our life with those looking for a peaceful, natural coexistence with nature. Located close to the most pristine surroundings of the Western Ghats, in a green zone, this is a 4-acre property, about 1.5-2 hours away from the cities of Mumbai and Pune, in the well-connected town of Karjat, in Raigad District of Maharashtra.
Volunteers will be provided with food grains, farm-grown / locally-grown vegetables, and cooking equipment equivalent to two meals a day per individual. Being a plant-based vegetarian farm, we allow cooking and eating only plant-based meals.
One can also opt to order home-cooked lunch meals through our on-site caretaker (on a self-payment basis and with prior notice).
We offer separate accommodations for our male and female volunteers. Depending on availability, this will be in the nicely made wood and metal hut, tents, or covered rooftop at the farmhouse. Mattresses, pillows, quilts, and mosquito nets could also be provided if needed.
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer in a homestay in Vietnam, Cat Ba island.
- Teach English or Chinese in Thailand as a volunteer.
- Volunteer in Pai, Thailand and grow your management skills.
- Volunteering in Vietnam for tea lovers.
- Volunteer in north Vietnam & become a teaching assistant.
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs. Rescue animals and enjoy Koh Chang island!
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs and other animals.