This is a safe, peaceful, respectful, family environment. We value positivity, a healthy lifestyle and environment. Our family beach shack was flooded and needs a hand getting fixed. Can you help?
Renovation volunteering in Australia – requirements & tasks
A qualified, draftsman, carpenter, plumber or electrician would be really helpful. If you can do any one of these and if your qualified to do electrical, plumbing and building work that would be great.
I’d you’re a good handyman there are easier chores and if you like cleaning and sorting and aren’t qualified at anything — that’s ok too. We always need help upgrading tech and social media skills.
We’ll ask you to help us for about 25 hours a week and two days will be fully off.
Renovation volunteering in Australia – what we offer
Our garden is available for camping or caravans and there’s a basic room available also (fold out couch in the living room). Ingredients for breakfast and dinner can be provided as I’m not the best cook. The area is recharging and relaxing, where days start with a surf or stroll along South Golden Beach or a run/ bike through the bush trails, followed by a coffee from the cafe ‘round the corner or down the road.
Supplies are a few minutes away at New Brighton or nearby Ocean Village. Buses are close by. Byron Bay and Mullumbimby are ten minutes away with Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and Gold Coast Airport a little over half an hour drive.
Other volunteering opportunities in Australia
- Volunteer on a vineyard in Autrialia & learn winemaking.
- Volunteer in a hostel in Australia & meet people from all over the world.
- Help to rebuild an animal sanctuary while volunteering in Australia.
- Volunteer in Australia at a wellness sanctuary.
- Volunteer in Australia in one of the oldest Tibetan Buddhist centres in the western world!
Posts by us
- How to make the most of a gap year spent volunteering
- Guide to volunteering in the United Kingdom
- Guide to taking a sabbatical abroad
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- 2023 Guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- 7 steps to finding your calling
- Guide to volunteering – caring for animals