We’re a wellness sanctuary with six beautiful chalets, nestled in the pristine ancient world of the northern New South Wales hinterland. We have a diverse and creative range of opportunities to get involved & help us during your stay!
Volunteer in Australia – requirements & tasks
We’re a wellness sanctuary located two hours from Brisbane, 30 mins from Gold Coast airport or Byron Bay, yet a million miles from everywhere.
The property is called Mami Wata and is 112 acres of mixed land use including native rainforest, creeks and spring fed dams. We have an accommodation business Ecoasis with manicured lawns and gardens.
You will help us with gardening, general maintenance, cooking and with tourists. We will discuss details on confirmation of stay! We will ask you to help us for 28 hours a week (4 hours a day).
Volunteer in Australia – what we offer
We invite you to visit us in a place to explore your true nature reflected in the nature around you, designed to restore and inspire your body mind and soul. It’s a wellness sanctuary and we will take care of your wellness too!
60% of the property is also the home to a Koala colony and we are in the process of forming a not for profit for the koala trust. You’ll have an opportunity to see these animals in their natural environment.
Living and eating arrangements to be discussed on confirmation of stay.
Other volunteering opportunities in Australia
- Volunteer in Australia in one of the oldest Tibetan Buddhist centres in the western world!
- Volunteer on a farm in Western Australia picking aubergines and mangos.
- Volunteer skills in Australia while staying at our Barrington Park Resort
Posts by us
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Volunteer on Madeira Island, Portugal and enjoy the diversity of activities around!
- When the downturn came I took a sabbatical in Berlin
- Hostel work exchange in Port Barton — the paradise of the Philippines
- The 2022 digital nomad accommodation guide to Saranda
- Guide to living and teaching English in France in 2022
- Best places to volunteer in Australia in 2022 and how to get there
- How to volunteer abroad for free in 2022