Want to learn bee keeping in Canada? I am looking for help with my honey harvest. We hope to provide a fun place for you to stay. You will be able to use a car after work and also for your off days. We provide your Internet, food, bed, coverall veil, and gloves. You would need boots and some work clothes and we will let the fun begin. No commitment, if it’s not for you that is fine, we just want to provide a unique experience in beautiful Canada.
Learn Bee Keeping Canada – Tasks & Roles
Help with my honey harvest. We hope to provide a fun place for you to stay. We have a car for you to use after work and also for your off days.
Hours & Roster
Learn Bee Keeping Canada – Living
We provide Internet, food, bed, coverall veil, and gloves. You would need boots and some work clothes and we will let the fun begin. No commitment, if it’s not for you that is fine, we just want to provide a unique experience in beautiful Canada.
Learn Bee Keeping Canada – What Else…
Beekeeping is not restricted to keeping honeybees. In Central and South America, traditional beekeeping, or maliponiculture, for honey has been practiced for thousands of years with so-called “stingless” bees (tribe Meliponini). Now beekeeping includes the keeping of other bees for crop pollination. Beekeeping with honeybees, or apiculture, is the art of keeping bees for honey and beeswax and evolved from honey hunting and gathering. European and African cave paintings indicate that people raided wild honeybees’ nests for their sweet bounty at least 15 000 years ago. Egyptian records show that, as early as 3000 BC, bees were provided with domiciles and kept for honey production. Early Greek and Roman writers mention apiculture. The demand for products of the hive was so high that the Romans sometimes levied taxes on honey and beeswax.
You’ll learn about the honey making process. Own travel insurance is recommended.
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer & be a helping hand on a growing homestead in Maine, USA
- Pet and house sitting opportunity in Los Angeles, California
- Help this bed and breakfast while volunteering in Quebec, Canada
- Teach English & Spread Environmental Awareness in Indonesia
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Volunteer in Laos with our Educational Projects & Enjoy a Homestay
- Join us on a Ecological Internship in Indonesia
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Volunteer in Chiang Mai, Thailand: As a English Teacher
- Volunteer in Thailand as an English Teacher and/or Day Care Assistant