Go Volunteering in Nepal and be part of an innovative education solution in Nepal. Join us as a volunteer!
We’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with a strong desire to make a positive impact through education and social entrepreneurship.
Maya Universe Academy is a social entrepreneurship project whose mission is to improve access to quality education in rural communities.
Starting from a tent in the jungle with 15 students, the founders Manjil Rana and Yoon opened the first school in the Tanahun district in 2011. Today it’s a chain of free private schools where parents can pay in time instead of money by volunteering two days per month at the schools.
The long-term goal is for the schools to become fully self-sustainable through farming business and micro-enterprise projects.
Volunteering in Nepal – Tasks & Roles
How can you get involved?
- Education (minimum 2 months)
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with a strong desire to make a positive impact through education and social entrepreneurship.
Join our grassroots organization today.
Volunteering in Nepal – Living
We live in a hostel environment with simple bedding provided. Private rooms in village homes are also available on a first-come first served basis.
You can take the local bus from Kathmandu or I can arrange private transport from Kathmandu to Tanahun at 120$. Pre-Booking is required.
We recommend that when traveling that you always have your travel insurance.
If you are interested in volunteering please message us.
Students at Maya Universe Academy follow a unique and diverse curriculum, based on the national curriculum of Nepal and supplemented with various activity-based topics. It emphasizes the importance of community, and allows for creativity, independence, and critical thinking.
In response to the mega 2015 earthquakes, Maya Universe opened its hostel to board 25 children from earthquake-affected families and are given a full scholarship.
We embrace social responsibility and creative mindfulness to educate and inspire our students and their families to build community, gain greater independence, and transform their lives.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Come Volunteering Helping Kids in India
- Join Our Vietnam Language Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City
- Enjoy Farming and Teaching Volunteering in Thailand
- Vietnam Teach English and Live in Ha Giang
- Animal Sanctuary Volunteering Thailand
- Volunteer Working With A Street Children Charity
- Be a Animal Rescue Volunteer with us in India
- Teach in Cambodia with us
- Volunteer East Timor (No fees, free room & board)
Posts by us
- Guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- My experience of volunteering in Laos and what you need to know
- Volunteering and its Surprising Health Benefits
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip