Fancy India Volunteering with Kids? As a volunteer with us in India, you will share your time, talents and skills with our kids.
Our registered charity promotes social, economic and cultural advancement of the rural and urban weaker members of society. We do it through education, research and field action programmes.
- How long should you stay? Preferred stay is 2 weeks or longer
- How many people do we accept? 2 volunteers
- How many hours do you have to work? 30 hours a week
- What’s included? Free accommodation
- What’s Not Included? You need to cover your eating costs, Flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money, visa
India Volunteering with Kids – Help Required
We need independent and open minded volunteers to assist us in the following areas:
- We provide evening educational centres for rural poor children. Volunteers will help in teaching moral behaviour, sport skills, games, singing and dancing.
- We provide vocational & nursing training to girls of poor families. Volunteers will help in teaching of nursing subjects (only if experienced), assisting practical training in the hospitals (only if experienced), teaching English and computer skills.
- We provide home care and rehabilitation to children with mental disabilities and orphaned children. Volunteers will help in the care of these children with special education, serving food and administration of medical services.
- We are developing an organic farming project and we need volunteers to help in the adoption of organic principles for the cultivation of vegetables and the paddy crop.
Specific tasks may include:
- Teaching English, playing sports and games, singing and dancing with children aged from 06 to 14 years.
- Teaching English and computer skills to nursing school students.
- Working on the organic farm.
- Caring for mentally challenged and orphaned children – serving food to the children and giving special education to them.
What will your schedule be like?
- You’ll work 30 hours a week. Sundays are free.
- We prefer you to stay 2 weeks or more.
- We will have a message chat and an interview before accepting you.
What will your sleeping conditions be like? We offer free accommodation. Both single and shared accommodation is available.
What about linen and laundry? Please bring your own sleeping bag and towels. Volunteers can wash their clothes themselves or we will arrange laundry from nearby laundry shop.
What about food? All meals are your own responsibility, you can buy food locally. Otherwise, you can eat with us. We ask for a nominal contribution cost towards food and preparation. Normally we eat south Indian vegetarian food. If volunteers like, once weekly, we will provide non vegetarian food.
What about transport? The two nearest international airports are Chennai and Tiruchirappalli. We are 350KM distance from Chennai. A bus/train from Chennai to Pudukkottai takes 7 hours. Tiruchirappalli is only 55 kilometres from Pudukkottai. There are many buses from Tiruchirappalli to Pudukkottai, travel time is 1.30 hours. We can pick you up from Tiruchirappalli airport or Pudukkottai railway/bus station.
India Volunteering with Kids – Amenities & Preferences
- We can accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- Male and female helpers are accepted
- We prefer people over 18 years old.
- Single travellers, two friends, couples and families are welcome and accommodated.
- We provide bicycles to reach project sites.
- We will help the volunteers to learn the local language.
You can also check our other volunteering opportunities in India – check them here >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer Togo Africa
- Morocco Teaching Placement
- Help run our Flourishing Business in South Africa
- Join Our South African School Project
- Experience Tanzania as a Volunteer
- School Assistant Kenya, Africa
- Kenya Volunteer Placement
- Teaching American Curriculum Ghana
- Africa Calling? Make Music Zambia
- Malawi Teaching Placement