Need a Nepalese Cultural Exchange? Be a volunteer guest with us in Nepal. You’ll learn about farming, gardening, local culture and daily rural life. You’ll help at the local school teaching English or other activities. We’re also looking for someone who can take photographs and/or build a simple website for us.
Hours & Roster: 20 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s the cost? We ask for Euro €6 per day to cover your meals and accommodation
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me about yourself, why you’d like to come & the dates you’re planning travelling to Nepal
Nepalese Cultural Exchange – Help Required
- As a volunteer, you can learn about farming, gardening, Nepalese culture and daily rural life. Volunteers will help at the local school teaching English (or whatever they can) or organizing ecological or educational programs for the local children or community.
- We also need someone who can take photographs and/or build a simple website for our homestay. (Nothing too complicated, just using weebly or wix).
- My wife is an excellent cook and is happy to teach volunteers how to cook Nepalese dishes. I have also a restaurant in a village where you can help me to cook Nepali food like momos, daal bhat, pakauda and curry.
Hours & Roster
- If you come, you will help 3 to 4 hours per day with 2 days off per week.
Sleeping: We ask for Euro €6 per day for your three meals and accommodation. We have WI-FI in the house and rooms. This is a rural Nepal house, so we have electricity cuts and our hot water doesn’t always work, but my wife is happy to heat up water for you to shower with. We can host 6 people. I have 2 rooms on the first floor and 1 bamboo room on the roof. We live on the ground floor, so our guests have a lot of privacy.
Linen & Laundry: We provide all bedding or if you prefer, you can bring your own. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: 3 meals a day included as outlined above.
Transport: We live in the beautiful village of Changu Narayan which is a tranquil rural village 6km’s from Bhaktapur and 12km’s from Kathmandu. You can catch buses here every hour from Kathmandu or Bhaktapur. (We are one hour from Kathmandu and 30 mins from Bhaktipur). Also, I can pick you up from airport or Kathmandu city if you need.
Nepalese Cultural Exchange – Amenities & Preferences
- We accept families, couples, two friends, males & females.
- All ages welcome.
- Our place: There are no cars in Changu Narayan, so you will be surrounded by authentic rural Nepalese life. From your balcony you have views of the valley and the houses and farms around us. The only noises you hear will be from ducks and goats. We’re located at the top of a hill and has a UNESCO heritage temple and lovely streets. We have great views over the Kathmandu Valley.
- Local trips: On days off, I usually take volunteers to local areas. Near my place it’s possible to do some beautiful hikes. I can show you the best places to visit, such as Bhaktapur, Nagarkot, the Nanno Bouddha Monastery and Boddha.
- Art lessons: In the village, some talented artists can teach you how to draw Thanks (Mandala). This costs around 70 USD per month.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Belgrade Hostel Volunteering in Serbia
- Small Holding Help Needed in France
- Volunteer Work Hostel Spain on the Beach
- Hostel Volunteer Work in France
- Communal Living France
- Join our Hostel in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina as a Volunteer
- Farm Hand and Hostel Work Stay in Ireland
- Visit France – Be a Part of the Restoration of a French Chateau
- Experience Off-Grid Living Spain
- Learn Cider Making in England