I’m a farmer from Croatia and we’re a small family, my partner Giovanni and 2 twins Tara and Gal. We live in countryside in Istra.
Volunteer on a farm in Croatia – requirements & tasks
Here, at our place, we have a lot of things to maintain and do. We are building a new animal shelter and also will be working with plants, on the field, and with donkeys. There is always something to do – cut the grass, help with animals, help with gardening, clean the stable and/or build a new one, take care of dogs…
We usually need help from May to October.
The work will take about 25 hours weekly, 5 days a week. And we will have a lot of fun and free time.
Volunteer on a farm in Croatia – what we offer
We have one room in a garage with 2 beds, and an outdoor kitchen and toilet.
After work, we can go hiking, and visit the waterfalls or sea. At night times we can make a fire and sit around to look stars. You are all welcome during our free stay.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteering in England for dog lovers. Enjoy the countryside & good food.
- Volunteer in Lithuania & help in our homestead
- Join our guesthouse as volunteer in Liguria, northwestern Italy
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Volunteer in Sicily & learn about wood work and taking care of animals.
- Help to run a horse trekking center. Free volunteering in England.
- Volunteer in Spain. Join a farm project near Cordoba.
- Help us finish renovating our farmhouse in Northern Spain
- Volunteer in London. Live with locals while helping to renovate their house.
- Volunteer as a Care Assistant with us this summer in France
Posts by us
- What is a farmcation and why now is a good time to take one
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Volunteering in Off Grid Communities: What you need to know before you go
- 9 Volunteer Opportunities For Couples
- Volunteer honeymoon in Thailand – a meaningful start to married life
- How to make the most of a gap year spent volunteering