We have been hosting volunteers for almost 10 years now. We offer a comfortable room and good food in exchange for help with a range of jobs around the house and garden. If you are a reliable, cheerful dog-lover – join us!
Volunteering in England for dog lovers – requirements & tasks
Our household usually consists of two people and various dogs. I often have dogs to stay, so you need to like being around dogs. We go for long walks with the dogs every day so there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the countryside.
You would mainly be working alongside me to assist with whatever tasks need undertaking that day, from general household maintenance/cleaning and gardening through to others dependent on the season. if you have specific skills in, for example, woodworking or sewing we would seek to give you opportunities to demonstrate these.
We usually ask for 5 hours work on 5 days in return for all meals and accommodation. You will clean up in the kitchen after meals and help keep the house clean and tidy, including your own bathroom.
Volunteering in England for dog lovers – what we offer
We offer a room with a large double bed/twin beds (can be made up either way, depending on your preference) and en suite toilet, shower, and wash basin.
Bedding and towels are provided. Wifi is available. Non-smokers only please.
All meals are included and I am happy to cater for vegetarians. Please let me know your dietary requirements before you arrive! If you enjoy cooking you will be very welcome to contribute!
We have travelled/lived and worked abroad and we enjoy swapping travellers’ tales – most recently we enjoyed a fabulous 3 weeks in Japan, Greek island hopping and short trips to Riga and Vilnius. We are just about to visit Georgia (the country) for the first time. If you need to practice your English, we are happy to help. In the evenings we sometimes enjoy playing cards or board games.
We have bikes available for you to explore locally and there are lots of good walks nearby. There is a swimming pool and gym two miles away. Cambridge itself has many attractions, whether you enjoy museums, arts, shopping or simply absorbing the atmosphere.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Lithuania & help in our homestead
- Join our guesthouse as volunteer in Liguria, northwestern Italy
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Volunteer in Sicily & learn about wood work and taking care of animals.
- Help to run a horse trekking center. Free volunteering in England.
- Volunteer in Spain. Join a farm project near Cordoba.
- Help us finish renovating our farmhouse in Northern Spain
- Volunteer in London. Live with locals while helping to renovate their house.
- Volunteer as a Care Assistant with us this summer in France
- Help in our Bar and Restaurant in the French Countryside