Fancy being a gap year volunteer in India? You don’t need to have any formal qualifications as we believe everybody can bring something positive to our organisation.
Gap Year Volunteer India – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 20 hours a week, weekends free
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Gap Year Volunteer India – Tasks & Roles
We do have set project programmes:
- Day Care Centres
- Awareness programme
- Underprivileged school.
On arrival we can also work out together where you can help. It would be nice if you had some of the following qualities:
- Spoken English.
- Teaching experience.
- A kind heart and the willingness to make a positive difference.
Sleeping: As a volunteer, you will stay with a local family where you will have a genuine homestay experience. You will receive meals (Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner) along with two times tea & biscuit snacks a day. We ask for 20 euros per day to cover the costs of accommodation and food.
Linen & Laundry: Linen iprovided. Please bring own sleeping bag and towels if you want to go treking to remote villiage. Laundry facilities available for small payment,
Eating: You will receive 3 meals a day along with 2 tea & biscuit snacks a day.
Transport: Once you have confirmed your stay, we can forward you more details on the best way to reach us. We can help arrange airport pick up too for a small fee.
Gap Year Volunteer India – What Else…
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 1-6 volunteer at any one time.
- Any volunteers from any country with no barriers to age, sex or colour.
- 18 + age preference.
- Internet and phone available.
- Sightseeing: We can help you visit different places in and around Gorubathan (Darjeeling). There are places where you can have fun and enjoyment. Places such as Kalimpong, Lava, Kafer, Jaldhaka Hydel Plant,Chisang and Mirik.
- Own travel insurance recommended.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Volunteer on a Organic Farm in Portugal
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Help around our Hostel in Northern Ireland
- Experience Off-Grid Living & Druidism in Ireland
- Be a Care Assistant with us (France)
- Glamping Site Construction Helping France