Fancy being a Volunteer in Northern Ireland Hostel? Volunteer with us and experience the stunning Irish filming locations for ‘Game of Thrones’. Many of the locations of the ‘Game of Thrones’ epic are filmed locally.
I run a small (30 bed) backpacker hostel in the seaside town of Portstewart only a few miles from the Giants Causeway. The town has 2 miles of golden strand and is probably best known for this sandy beach, popular with surfers.
I normally need volunteers throughout the year for our Northern Ireland Hostel. When things are very quiet during the winter, it’s time to redecorate and repair.
Generally, the work is not difficult, just helping with cleaning and with guests and the people coming and going from the hostel.
- Stay duration: Preferred stay length is 4 weeks plus.
- Places available: 3 volunteers
- Hours & Roster: 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 days free
- What’s included? Shared dorm with breakfast & small stipend
- What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel insurance, pocket money, visa. Message us here.
Northern Ireland Hostel – Help Required
- Housekeeping – Room and toilet cleaning, changing beds, vacuuming, tidying, dish washing and kitchen cleaning.
- Welcoming and checking guests in and out.
- Reception duties – answering phone, email inquiries and reservation management.
- Decorating, repairing and painting.
- General maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Northern Ireland Hostel Hours & Roster
- 3-4 hours a day (usually in the morning 9-12 am), 5 days a week with 2 days free.
- Preferred stay length is 4 weeks plus.
- Message chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in a dorm room in the Hostel. You may be expected to share with other guests. There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. We have washing machines on site which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: Breakfast is included free. Other food purchases and meals are your own responsibility. The hostel has full kitchen facilities where you can prepare your own meals. I provide a modest allowance towards expenses. There is also the chance to share meals and mix with my family on occasions.
Transport: There are bus services to Portstewart from Belfast and Derry.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 3 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- We do NOT accept couples or families as helpers, we do not have the facilities.
- Smoking allowed only outside.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Pets are NOT accommodated.
- Parking available.
- Lounge and TV room.
- Sightseeing: We are a stone throw fromthe Giants Causeway and all the other highlights of the coast – Carrick-aRede Rope Bridge, Dunluce Castle and Bushmills Distillery. Many of the locations of the ‘Game of Thrones’ epic are filmed locally.
We recommend that when travelling that you always have your own travel insurance.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Outdoor Jobs Assisting in Canada
- Help us Build an Off Grid Yoga Retreat in United States
- Join our Meditation Centre as a Volunteer in Canada
- Be a Airbnb Hosting Assistant in Canada
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Help on a Vegan Organic Garden in Hawaii, United States
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
- Teach English Chile
- Enjoy a Backpacker Hostel Work Stay in Arica, Chile
- Teach Ecuadorian Students English (Ecuador)