Fancy being a Volunteer in Northern Ireland Hostel? Volunteer with us and experience the stunning Irish filming locations for ‘Game of Thrones’. Many of the locations of the ‘Game of Thrones’ epic are filmed locally.
I run a small (30 bed) backpacker hostel in the seaside town of Portstewart only a few miles from the Giants Causeway. The town has 2 miles of golden strand and is famous for this sandy beach, popular with surfers.
I normally need volunteers throughout the year for our Northern Ireland Hostel. When things are very quiet during the winter, it’s time to redecorate and repair.
Generally, the work is not difficult, just helping with cleaning and with guests and the people coming and going from the hostel.
- Stay duration: Preferred stay length is 4 weeks plus.
- Places available: 3 volunteers
- Hours & Roster: 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 days free
- What’s included? Shared dorm with breakfast & small stipend
- What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel insurance, pocket money, visa. Message us here.
Northern Ireland Hostel – Help Required
- Housekeeping – Room and toilet cleaning, changing beds, vacuuming, tidying, dish washing, and kitchen cleaning.
- Welcoming and checking guests in and out.
- Reception duties – answering the phone, email inquiries, and reservation management.
- Decorating, repairing, and painting.
- General maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Northern Ireland Hostel Hours & Roster
- 3-4 hours a day (usually in the morning 9-12 am), 5 days a week with 2 days free.
- Preferred stay length is 4 weeks plus.
- Message to chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in a dorm room in the Hostel. You may need to share with other guests. There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: You’ll get sll linen and towels. We have washing machines on site which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: You will get breakfast for free. Other food purchases and meals are your responsibility. The hostel has full kitchen facilities where you can prepare your meals. I provide a modest allowance towards expenses. There is also the chance to share meals and mix with my family on occasion.
Transport: There are bus services to Portstewart from Belfast and Derry.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 3 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travelers and two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- We do NOT accept couples or families as helpers, we do not have the facilities.
- Smoking allowed only outside.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Pets are NOT accommodated.
- Parking available.
- Lounge and TV room.
- Sightseeing: We are a stone throw fromthe Giants Causeway and all the other highlights of the coast – Carrick-aRede Rope Bridge, Dunluce Castle and Bushmills Distillery. Many of the locations of the ‘Game of Thrones’ epic are filmed locally.
We recommend that when travelling that you always have your own travel insurance.
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical insurance. Get Insured >>
More Volunteering Opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer on a farm in beautiful Croatia.
- Volunteering in England for dog lovers. Enjoy the countryside & good food.
- Volunteer in Lithuania & help in our homestead
- Join our guesthouse as volunteer in Liguria, northwestern Italy
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Volunteer in Sicily & learn about wood work and taking care of animals.
- Help to run a horse trekking center. Free volunteering in England.
- Volunteer in Spain. Join a farm project near Cordoba.
- Help us finish renovating our farmhouse in Northern Spain
- Volunteer in London. Live with locals while helping to renovate their house.