Fancy Horse Riding on an Estancia in Argentina? We require volunteers with competent horse riding skills, and a reasonable command of English and Spanish to ride out with guests.
Volunteers need to act as a go-between with guests and staff when our guests don’t speak Spanish. You will also attend to guests’ needs. You will need to have good communication skills and like meeting people. The work can also involve some painting, wood chopping, and general maintenance depending on your skills and capability, along with other small jobs such as helping the chef in the kitchen.
We want you to enjoy your time with us. If your passion is horse riding you will have plenty of time to ride out. If you need time to study, rest assured you will have plenty of free time.
Stay duration: Min 1 month & max 12 months (3 months or more is preferred)
Places available: 2 volunteers
Hours & Roster: 30-40 hours a week
What’s included? Shared accommodation and all meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money, visa
Selection process: Resume and email chat before agreeing to stay
Horse Riding on an Estancia in Argentina – Help Required
- Horse riding with guests, as a guide.
- Horse care and tack cleaning.
- Handling young horses with a view to training (if you have experience).
- Treatment of ailments.
- Hosting guests at meal times.
- Preparing breakfast, serving meals, and cooking for staff.
- Pool cleaning, gardening, and some general maintenance such as painting.
Hours & Roster
- 30-40 hours a week. We are relaxed and flexible.
- Min 1 month & max 12 months (3 months or more is preferred).
- Email conversation and application before agreeing on a stay. Please provide a brief outline of previous riding/service industry experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, plus a current CV/resume.
Sleeping: We offer you your room with a bathroom plus a wood-burning stove. The room for volunteers is small and if we accept a couple the room will have two bunks beds.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied.
Eating: All meals are included.
Transport: We are 280 kilometers from Buenos Aires. There are several bus companies whose buses leave Buenos Aires at all hours to Azul. Azul is about 45 kilometers from our Estancia. In Azul, you can get an inexpensive taxi ride to us.
Horse Riding on an Estancia in Argentina – Applicants must be:
- A competent horse rider.
- Have a reasonable command of both English and Spanish.
- Hard working and flexible.
- Independent, resilient, and resourceful by nature.
- Sociable and comfortable in all types of companies.
- Preferable to have previous experience in the service/tourism industry but not essential.
- We normally only have one volunteer at a time. However, we can accept on occasion couples or two friends.
- Be able to stay with us for at least one month (we prefer 3 months or more). We give preference to those who can stay longer.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer Teaching English in Chile
- Do you speak foreign languages? Volunteer in this hotel in Peru.
- Volunteer in Chile in a hotel made out of recycled shipping containers.
- Volunteer in Peru in this centre of wellness & longevity
- Help on a Vegan Organic Garden in Hawaii, United States
- Join our Fighting Poverty 10 month Program in Caribbean & Belize
- Farm Stay in the USA
- Help with Odd Jobs in USA
- Mexican Hostel Helping
- English Speakers to Help in our School in Mexico