We run a small, picturesque agriturismo in the beautiful Platani valley. We are looking for a friendly, honest and hardworking couple to help us from February until October 2022. After a probatory period as a volunteer, we will offer payment. Join us!
Volunteering in Sicily – requirements & tasks
Help wanted at stunning Sicilian agriturismo! Feudo Muxarello is a lively place, but also a happy place. There is always work to do, especially during the busy tourist season. Despite that, everyone works with a smile and we always make time to talk, laugh and and enjoy meals together (welcoming both staff and guests into our family).
We need two people/a couple who:
- is native or fluent in English (to communicate with guests)
- speak Italian to a sufficient level (to communicate with us – we speak little English and will find it difficult to communicate otherwise)
- is cheerful and likes meeting people
- is reliable and not afraid of hard work, especially during the summer months
- hospitality and catering experience is not necessary but it would be an advantage.
Although no two days are ever the same, we will try and match you to tasks that suit your experience and preferences and make sure you have time to relax/sightsee, generally we will need help with the following tasks:
- running the breakfast buffet
- cleaning the rooms; kitchen and dining room
- food preparation/cooking
- greeting and checking guests in
- being a waiter at dinners
- grounds and garden maintenance
- occasional farm help
- (if you want) teaching us English
A flexible, happy approach is appreciated!
We will ask you to work 42 hours / week (6 hours every day). After a successful volunteering (probation) period, this position will be paid.
Volunteering in Sicily – what we offer
As mentioned above, after a volunteering period we will offer you a salary. We will also provide you with your own en-suite bedroom with has air-conditioning/heating, a TV and fridge.
All meals are included during your stay. Food is an important element in Sicilian culture as are mealtimes, which are shared all together. A lot of food prepared in our kitchen is sourced directly from our farm including our own delicious olive oil, wine and tomato “sugo”.
During your time-off you will have an opportunity to explore the beautiful countryside or simply relax by our pool. Valley of the Temples/Agrigento are a 20 minute drive away and there are lots of beautiful beaches and hilltop towns within an hour drive. And true to Sicilian tradition we will welcome you into our family!
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Western Ireland. Help with annual maintenance and experience Irish hospitality.
- Volunteer in Iceland. Help to paint a holiday house and explore the nature!
- Be a language mentor & ski Poland for free
- Take care of vine and olive trees – Volunteer in Chianti, Italy
- Volunteer in Norway and become a trainee on a farm.
- Volunteer in Tuscany, Italy. Help build a nature centre!
Posts by us
- A beginner’s guide to volunteering in Spain in 2022
- The English speakers guide to teaching and living in Spain
- Guide to working for accommodation & travelling low cost
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- Get a paid writing gig with HelpStay
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers