I am Patricia. I live in a beautiful, rugged coastal village in County Mayo, in the house my husband and I built together over twenty years ago. Since he died in 2020 I’ve been struggling to keep on top of the maintenance of our house and lovely garden. I’d love to get help from you!
Volunteer in Western Ireland – requirements & tasks
I’d love to welcome volunteers who can help me with maintenance of the house and garden. I would love some company and practical help.
In the late spring and early summer I need help with painting and decorating, gardening and general grounds maintenance.
The winters can be very harsh here so external re-decorating is required every year. There are buildings that need clearing out and I intend to rent a skip to undertake a big spring-clean.
I am happy to welcome a couple to my home or single travelers who are handy with paint brushes and lawn mowers.
I will ask you to help me for about 16 hours a week. You will have Friday, Saturday and Sunday free.
Volunteer in Western Ireland – what we offer
If you like walking, surfing or are looking for artistic inspiration then my part of the world is the place for you. You will absolutely love it here and never get bored!
In return for your help, I will offer you a double room with ensuite shower and full board.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Iceland. Help to paint a holiday house and explore the nature!
- Be a language mentor & ski Poland for free
- Take care of vine and olive trees – Volunteer in Chianti, Italy
- Volunteer in Norway and become a trainee on a farm.
- Volunteer in Tuscany, Italy. Help build a nature centre!
- Improve your cooking skills while volunteering in southern France!
Posts by us
- The English speakers guide to teaching and living in Spain
- Guide to working for accommodation & travelling low cost
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- Get a paid writing gig with HelpStay
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- What to know before volunteering in a backpacker hostel