Our purpose is to help build a more peaceful society, by educating the public about the reasons for being vegan, the benefits of vegan living, and how to go about making such a transition. We believe that embracing the vegan ideal is nothing less than humanity’s next evolutionary step and our greatest hope for real peace on earth. Are you passionate about this topic? Join us!
Volunteer in Hawaii – requirements & tasks
We have a large vegan-organic garden where we grow much of our own food, teach others how to do the same. Those interested in transitioning to a healthier, more peaceful way of living can get free cooking classes, consultations and meals.
We welcome people who wish to work together to realize our shared vision of a life that supports and reflects our highest ideals.
We welcome willing workers, and we look forward to meeting new people who are inspired to contribute toward building a gentle world or are interested in learning more about our mission and activities. You will be asked to help us with gardening, general maintenance of the house and other tasks which bring us closer to achieving our goal.
We will ask you to work for around 30 hours / week.
Please note that we do not guarantee any stays (or specific dates) until we have communicated via video chat, after you complete the form on our website. Please reach out and we will begin this process.
Volunteer in Hawaii – what we offer?
Our main location is on The Big Island of Hawaii. North Kohala is a beautiful area, with clean air and lovely surrounding countryside. You will be free to explore its beauty in your free time!
We also offer comfortable accommodation and all vegan meals.
And most importantly, you will also contribute to our mission of making the world a better place! We’d love to have you!
More volutneering opportunities in North America:
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Volunteer in Cancun, Mexico. Help in a hostel and explore Yucatan!
- Volunteer in North Carolina, USA on a sustainable farm
- Volunteer with a reforestation program in Mexico and help restore our nature.
- Live and play on the famous Strip! Volunteer in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- An opportunity for outdoor lovers: Camp and volunteer in British Columbia, Canada
Posts by us:
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Guide to Teaching Yoga Abroad
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement
- Angels in disguise: The Tumbleweeds of Shakespeare and Company bookstore
- Here’s how to be a great HelpStay host