We are a family farm, founded in 1799, striving for self-sufficiency and sustainability. This is the farm’s 11th year hosting visitors. Fifty countries represented and over 475 guests staying, all have helped make the farm a better place. Would you like to join them?
Volunteer on a farm in North Carolina, USA – requirements and tasks
We have a lot of farming-related goals and projects going on here. They include organic raised bed veg gardening, row crops, high tunnel growing space, mixed edible flower and herb gardens, exotic plants, perennial vegetables, Asian vegetable production.
We also deal with some construction – we use reclaimed pallet/bamboo for it, we remodel a 1880s farmhouse.
There are also have chickens and poultry to take care of. We do landscaping, microclime management, composting, food preservation, seed saving, resource conservation and many more.
Most tasks involve gardening and harvesting. Helpers also assist with tasks around the yard & house.
Volunteer on a farm in North Carolina, USA – what we offer
First of all, we offer education on farming! You will learn, laugh, sweat, help grow and eat some great food. We offer full board.
We have two available bedrooms in the house, multiple helpers may share rooms (max 6). A rustic recycled pallet house and a tiny “fun” house are also available for volunteer housing. Plenty of room for camping around the homestead and forest.
Limited parking is available for vehicle camping (no hookups available).
More volunteering opportunities in the USA
- Live and play on the famous Strip! Volunteer in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Come experience our Ranch in New York State, United States
- Help on a Vegan Organic Garden in Hawaii, United States
More volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer with a reforestation program in Mexico and help restore our nature.
- An opportunity for outdoor lovers: Camp and volunteer in British Columbia, Canada
- Volunteer with Caribbean communities | 10 month program
Posts by us
- Considering volunteering in southeast Asia? Here’s how to get the correct visa
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- Finding the perfect going away gift for a work colleague going travelling
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process