The estate garden was once a key provider of vegetables and flowers but fell into disrepair. Now it’s time to rejuvenate it and create a productive walled garden. Help us achieve that!
Volunteering in Scotland – requirements & tasks
We are looking for a couple of enthusiastic helpers to join our existing team on the estate to help develop the walled garden. You don’t need to have experience – we will teach you! The tasks will be to restore our garden 🙂 We ask helpers to work approximately 5-6 hours per day, 5 days a week (negotiable) with weekends off. We prefer if you can dedicate a minimum of 3 weeks to help us.
Volunteering in Scotland – what we offer
You will stay in a room shared with one other volunteer (2 single beds). We provide food or food allowance, we will also help you with local transportation to and from the estate. And the best part? You will always have weekends off to explore the beauty of Scotland!
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Italy.
- Volunteer at a vegan animal sanctuary in France.
- Help to develop a craft business while volunteering in Portugal.
- Help to take care of a home and garden; Volunteer in southern Italy.
- Volunteer in a B&B in France and explore medieval villages.
- Help create a paradise for artists while volunteering in France.
- Work on fundraising projects while volunteering in Germany.
- Volunteer as a waitress in Greece on a stunning Kos island.
Posts by us
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Volunteer on Madeira Island, Portugal and enjoy the diversity of activities around!