We’re Mirko and Giuditta, director and screenwriter. In 2020 we moved away from the city to Cascina Costabella, a country house located on a hill with a panoramic view of the vineyards of Monferrato in Piedmont, where we continue our work surrounded by nature. Help us care for the garden and do small DIY projects.
Volunteer in northern Italy – requirements and tasks
After renovating the house, we have recovered the magnificent garden that surrounds the property. We take care of it personally, whenever possible. In the garden you can see many botanical species, more than fifty rose gardens. You can walk among the flowers and shrubs that surprise us all year round.
We need help your help to take care of the garden, with general maintenance and small tasks around the house. We will ask you to work for around 30 hours a week and you will have Sunday off.
Volunteer in northern Italy – what we offer
You will stay in a room inside the house overlooking the garden on the first floor.
The rest of the common areas are on the ground floor of the house. This includes our living room-study, the dining room and the kitchen, the terrace and the small porch, overlooking the hills and a grove, where small nocturnal birds live.
As part of the exchange, the main meals will be at our expense. You will come with us to the farmer’s markets to buy products and we will prepare the meals together as a part of cultural exchange.
All meals will be gluten-free because Giudi has an allergy, but they are delicious!
You will meet our friends and we can make excursions to interesting cultural sites. If you are in love with nature and beauty – that’s the place for you!
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer on a idyllic farm in Sussex, England.
- Join the fun reception team – volunteer in a hostel in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Greece.
- Improve your cooking skills while volunteering in southern France!
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Malta.
- Volunteer in a B&B on the Camino de Santiago, Spain
- Help set up an organic vegetable garden in Wales.
- Volunteer at an adventure camp for people of all abilities in northern Ireland
Posts by us
- Everything you need to know about volunteering in Kenya
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives