We are an established hostel in Prague and we’ve collected many great reviews over the years. Now we are reopening after 2 years of closure caused by the pandemic. Help us become one of the best hostels in Prague again!
Volunteer in a hostel in Prague – requirements & tasks
We will ask you to perform all tasks related to running the hostel, i.e.:
- hostel reception, communication with guests, checking them in and out, helping them with basic requirements.
- helping guests with luggage, getting to their rooms and providing general hostel information
- giving guests suggestions and ideas about what to do in and around Prague
- socializing with guests at various times throughout the day
- preparing dinners for guests
- initiating games including board games and drinking games and guide guests to bars
- talking about activities they can book. If you encourage someone to book something such as bar crawls – you will receive good commission just for yourself!
We will ask you to help us about 4 days a week, no more than 8 hours a day. Since the majority of the work is actually reception and socializing with guests you may spend more time doing this because you actually want to. We will talk about specific working hours to adjust them to your preferences.
Volunteer in a hostel in Prague – what we offer
You will have at least full 2-3 days weekly off to enjoy Prague and surrounding areas either on your own or with new friends you make.
You will be staying in either a 6, 8 or 10 bed dormitory with other volunteers and guests as we only have 2 or 3 helpers at a time.
The hostel attracts a wide range of people from backpackers to working professionals which means you get to meet different people. You will have the opportunity to develop your customer service, leadership, communication and event organization skills.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Greece.
- Improve your cooking skills while volunteering in southern France!
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Malta.
- Volunteer in a B&B on the Camino de Santiago, Spain
- Help set up an organic vegetable garden in Wales.
- Volunteer at an adventure camp for people of all abilities in northern Ireland
- Help on a tiny farm and volunteer near Paris, France
- Volunteer in Dublin. Help to run a B&B and explore the capital of Ireland.
Posts by us
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Volunteer on Madeira Island, Portugal and enjoy the diversity of activities around!