Enjoy and share a magical space in a stunning lakeside location in Sussex. Join this friendly family of 4 on an idyllic farmstead!
Volunteer on a farm in Sussex, England – requirements and tasks
We live on the farm but we also have Airbnb units and need assistance with housekeeping for these spaces as well as building, fixing, carpentry, and maintaining the house and gardens. There is always plenty to do!
We need help with some physical tasks as well as childcare, housekeeping. There is always help needed around the garden and house with painting, cleaning and looking after the animals.
For example currently we are doing lots of gardening (and watering!), cutting steps into a bank leading under a platform, painting the outside of some barns, and Shepherds Hut, converting a boat into a bedroom and tidying our storage area ready for summer.
We would love to welcome a couple.
Volunteer on a farm in Sussex, England – what we offer
You stay in a gorgeous guest house and enjoy a weekly food allowance of £50 per week per couple. You will be surrounded by rolling fields and a picturesque lake which is a home to lots of birds and wildlife (including peacocks!) and you’ll feel as though you’re in the middle of the countryside, yet in 15 minutes walk you are in the village of Henfield with shops, cafes and pubs.
We are also open to a long-term paid stay over the summer.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Join the fun reception team – volunteer in a hostel in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Greece.
- Improve your cooking skills while volunteering in southern France!
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Malta.
- Volunteer in a B&B on the Camino de Santiago, Spain
- Help set up an organic vegetable garden in Wales.
- Volunteer at an adventure camp for people of all abilities in northern Ireland
- Help on a tiny farm and volunteer near Paris, France
Posts by us
- Everything you need to know about volunteering in Kenya
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives