I am Clemence, a Frenchwoman living on my family farm, ‘Mare aux Coqs’ and dedicating myself to the “zero kilometre” movement of sustainable living. Help me in this project!
Volunteering in France – requirements & tasks
I have been trying to develop the site into a place for artists and inspired individuals to relax, enjoy and meditate in the natural beauty of the farm.
We will work together for four hours each weekday (Monday-Friday) in the garden. Typical projects include wedding, skimming much off the surface of the pond, mowing the lawn, stacking wood, and doing other simple ‘beautification’ projects.
No special skill or strength is required, just an appetite for spending time outdoors surrounded by nature!
Volunteering in France – what we offer
Full details on living and eating arrangements will be provided on confirmation of stay. You will have access to a well-designed kitchen, camping options, a water-lily pond and natural swimming pool, a garden. We don’t use plastics, GMO’s or chemicals.
While staying here you will enjoy the beautiful French nature and learn new gardening skills.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Work on fundraising projects while volunteering in Germany.
- Volunteer as a waitress in Greece on a stunning Kos island.
- Volunteer in northern Italy; Help with gardening enjoying a view at wineries.
- Volunteer on a idyllic farm in Sussex, England.
- Join the fun reception team – volunteer in a hostel in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Greece.
- Improve your cooking skills while volunteering in southern France!
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Malta.
Posts by us
- Why you should get travel insurance while volunteering abroad.
- How to volunteer responsibly and ethically abroad?
- Volunteering in Malaysia — what to do, what to expect and what to pack
- Everything you need to know about volunteering in Kenya
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture