We are a family of 5, we have a beautiful dog and a cat and live on a beautiful 30 acre land. We have access to a lovely river and plenty of wilderness. Our goal is to grow our old farmhouse into a sustainable homestead. Help us achieve this goal!
Volunteer in Quebec – requirements & tasks
We live in a old farmhouse (175 years old) that needs restoration and we are implementing fencing and gardening this spring-summer. Our goal is to grow into a sustainable homestead. We need help with gardening, mowing the lawn, general land improvement and maintenance, implementing a fence and beds for our garden, help with restoring and renovating our old farmhouse and general building projects on the land.
It would be a bonus for a couple to join us and help build our dream in becoming a sustainable homestead and foster community.
We will ask you to help for around 20 hours a week and you will have two days off.
Volunteer in Quebec – what we offer
We live in a very rural part of Quebec, but we are also only about an hour drive away from Montreal (from sights and attractions). We live about 20 minutes from the nearest town Lachute, Quebec where you can find all essentials.
We are offering a camp site on our beautiful property. The campsite will be on a wooden platform. We will have a screened in camping kitchenette station for all your cooking needs.
We are planning to convert a shed into a glamping\mini cabin situation for our helpers on the farm (It would be ideal to find a couple). Depending when you arrive we will have a camp site, tent and basic sleeping gear, camping kitchen station and compostable toilets. You will have access to outdoor heated shower.
We speak English at home, but Quebec in general is a French-speaking province so if you’d like to practice, there will be lots of opportunities!
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer off grid in Canada. Help run an accommodation business in the north!
- Help at a B&B in Canada and live in a mountain town.
- Learn about fine food making – volunteer in Canada as a baker
- Volunteer on the Caribbean with abandoned animals.
- Volunteer in South Carolina, USA and help an American family around the house.
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Volunteer in Hawaii, United States on a vegan organic farm.
Posts by us
- How to volunteer responsibly and ethically abroad?
- Volunteering in Malaysia — what to do, what to expect and what to pack
- Everything you need to know about volunteering in Kenya
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering