We strive to improve the lives of neglected, mistreated and abandoned animals on the island of Mayreau, Southern Grenadines, St Vincent & The Grenadines. We depend on volunteers so if you’d like to help our cause – join us!
Volunteer on the Caribbean with animals – requirements & tasks
We are a small team of energetic volunteers who look after the welfare of all the island animals, including dogs, cats, goats, and sheep, as well as any wildlife in trouble. We rescue, rehabilitate, and provide necessary healthcare and medication, including parasite control, for all the island dogs.
Many of the dogs are tied 24/7 and we have permission from some owners to walk them on a daily basis. We encourage owners to have their dogs and cats sterilized, and we help to facilitate this. Our organization promotes the health and wellbeing of all the animals through action, example, and education.
We need help with general animal care and walking the dogs. We will ask you to work for an average of 28 hours a week (4 hours a day).
Volunteer on the Caribbean with animals – what we offer
We will offer you a self-contained accommodation in a simple wooden house with lovely sea views. Food is not included and you will need to arrange it by yourself.
In your free time you will explore the stunning area and numerous beaches!
Other volunteering opportunities in the Caribbean
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Volunteer with Caribbean communities | 10 month program
Posts by us
- Best places to volunteer in Australia in 2022 and how to get there
- How to volunteer abroad for free in 2022
- Scared of volunteering abroad? Here’s how to face your fears
- How to escape the rat-race and become a digital nomad
- Want to travel the world for free? Here’s how I did it for 10 years
- A beginner’s guide to volunteering in Spain in 2022
- The English speakers guide to teaching and living in Spain