Are you interested in learning more about the craft of baking and fine food making? Join Amanda, a baker and confectioner in Canada!
Volunteer in Canada as a baker – requirements and tasks
Amanda bakes all sorts of treats, although she specializes in Royal Icing decorated sugar cookies. They have endless possibilities for the icing design, icing consistency, the cookie base “crumb” (how crumbly or smooth it is when bitten into), ink-print lettering, and more!
You will work for about 3-5 hours a day, an average of 23 hours a week. During business hours you will answer phone calls, arrange deliveries, keep count of inventory, etc. After business hours you will help in the kitchen, with time devoted to cleaning afterwards. It is also appreciated if you’re good with computers and digital design!
You should be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, tidy, organized, and able to maintain a clean kitchen space 🙂
Volunteer in Canada as a baker – what we offer?
Amanda will teach you the techniques for piping, icing thickening/thinning, glazing, what type of mixer to use, ingredient substitution, etc. You’ll get your own cookies and cakes to design and practice your skills.
For your help you will get a private room and full board.
The bakery is located in Brantford, Canada, not far from Toronto so you will have an opportunity to explore.
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer on the Caribbean with abandoned animals.
- Volunteer in South Carolina, USA and help an American family around the house.
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Volunteer in Hawaii, United States on a vegan organic farm.
- Volunteer in Cancun, Mexico. Help in a hostel and explore Yucatan!
- Volunteer in North Carolina, USA on a sustainable farm
Posts by us
- Guide to living and teaching English in France in 2022
- Best places to volunteer in Australia in 2022 and how to get there
- How to volunteer abroad for free in 2022
- Scared of volunteering abroad? Here’s how to face your fears
- How to escape the rat-race and become a digital nomad
- Want to travel the world for free? Here’s how I did it for 10 years
- A beginner’s guide to volunteering in Spain in 2022