We’re a non-profit organisation, active in Russia since 1998. Every summer we run a number of projects for volunteers. Message us for info and volunteer in Russia with us.
WAFEst is a Water-Air-Fire-Earth-Festival, which will take place from 4th to 7th of July at the Gorky Reservoir in the Nizhny Novgorod region (Surf Camp Free Dom).
As a volunteer in Russia, you can participate in all activities, workshops and shows offered by the festival during their free time. We can organize trips to the museums of nearby cities (Gorodets and Nizhny Novgorod) and windsurfing trainings.
Dates of the workcamp: 26/06 – 10/07. You need to stay the whole period!
The element of Water will bring classes in Windsurfing and kite surfing, romantic boat trips and extreme fly-surf. Thanks to the element of Air guests and participants will enjoy music, rhythms, sounds of nature which intertwine in the breath of the forest: open-air concerts, jam-sessions and live shows with folk and ethnic music, reggae, funk and boogie-woogie.
Fire will show its beauty in the hands of true professionals as the festival brings together the best artists of the fire-show from different parts of Russia and the CIS countries. The element of Earth stands for more than 20 creative spaces, each with its own unique atmosphere: open workshops, yoga classes, theater, children playgrounds and many others.
For eight years, this festival unites all those who are inspired by the ideas of active life and creativity, who find themselves in modern art and sports, in the diversity of youth positive subcultures and the values of a healthy lifestyle.
This year, WAFEst will also host a large inter-regional hand-made fair, interesting cafes, restaurants, tea and coffee houses, which will serve unusual author’s food and delightful beverages. Please note, WAFEst is a preserved area, where alcohol and drugs are prohibited. Smoking is possible only in designated areas.
Volunteer in Russia Tasks & Roles
International volunteers will work together with local volunteers and can choose preferable activities.
Eco-volunteering: Preparation of the festival area for guests, cleaning food courts, cleaning the territory during and after the festival. Designing of the festival space: painting and decoration of stationary objects in the camp, creating and constructing of art-objects, etc.
All necessary tools will be provided.
Camping site, tents will be provided by the host (recommended to take your own sleeping bag and mat, though if necessary they can be provided as well).
Volunteers can use common summer showers, Russian sauna – “banya”. Three meals, only VEGETARIAN menu.
Volunteers will be picked up from Nizhny Novgorod to the the place by the local host. For those who will arrive in Moscow earlier, we can organise a pre-camp day with a city-tour and nice welcome evening.
Please, notify us in advance if you are interested.
- No fees.
- Creative, open-minded and active volunteers, who share the values of the festival, are warmly welcome!
- We kindly ask you to specify your motivation and desire to take part in the project IN DETAIL.
We recommend that when travelling that you have your own travel insurance cover in place.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help with gardening in England as a volunteer.
- Volunteering in North Wales for nature & outdoor-lovers.
- India Teaching Placement in Beautiful Kerala
- Volunteer Eco Project India
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Hostel Palestine Volunteering
- Conservation Volunteering in New Zealand
- Experienced Volunteer Builder or Carpenter Needed in Tonga
- Youth Volunteer Assistant on Solomon Islands
- We Welcome Extra Hands on our Self Sufficient Homestead
Posts by us
- Guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- How to survive long term volunteering (packing and living tips)
- Volunteering and its Surprising Health Benefits
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip
- 6 Ways Travelling Can Boost Your Mindfulness