Do you want to gain international experience while immersing yourself in the Spanish culture and learn a new language? Join our volunteer program and experience first-hand what it is like to teach language conversation while living with a Spanish host family.
Teach English in Spain – requirements & tasks
Help Spanish students develop their speaking and listening skills through conversation practice and introduce them to your culture. You will create teaching materials and put them into practice while leading the classroom alongside the main teacher or in groups of 3 students on your own. No teaching experience or Spanish knowledge is required!
- Participate in a short-term volunteer program with no fees!
- Live with a local Host Family
- Teach English 20 hours per week for 3 months
- Get a certificate upon completion
- Receive medical coverage
- Be an English native speaker
- Hold a High School diploma
- Hold a passport from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa under the 90-day rule (e.g., Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, etc.)
Teach English in Spain – what we offer
You’ll live with local host families who are selected by the principal of the school where you will be teaching. They will host you as another family member, provide meals and accommodation in the family’s home.
It is an effective way to speak and learn the Spanish language and culture! Spaniards are friendly and cheerful, and they love socializing. They treasure incomparable Mediterranean cuisine, one of the healthiest and most delicious in the world. They also maintain unique festivals and colorful traditions in each city, which are full of symbolism and strengthen the bonds in the community.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Help renovate a 19th century property while volunteering in the Loire Valley in France
- Volunteer as an English mentor in Poland & enjoy skiing.
- Live off-grid & learn goat farming while volunteering in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Volunteer on a farm in England & share culture with this friendly family.
- Volunteer in Poland. Learn about gardening & work on craft projects.
- Volunteer at an animal rescue in Ireland & help caring for pigs.
- Help to create a bio-farm while volunteering in Azores, Portugal