Take care of blueberry bushes in Wakayama at the foot of Mount Koya: cut branches, mow the lawn, and pull the weeds. Join us!
Volunteer in Japan on a blueberry farm – requirements & tasks
Help in our blueberry farm at the foot of Koyasan (Mount Koya), a World Natural Heritage Site.
Typical daily tasks include
・Making liquid fertilizer
・Mowing the lawn
You will work for 20 hours per week.
Volunteer in Japan on a blueberry farm – what we offer
We provide a single private room in return for help on our blueberry farm. The accommodation is 40 minutes walk from the farm.
Wakayama is a prefecture located in the Kansai region of Japan. It is situated on the southern coast of Honshu, the main island of Japan. Wakayama Prefecture is bordered by Osaka Prefecture to the north, Nara Prefecture to the northeast, and Mie Prefecture to the east. It faces the Pacific Ocean to the south. The capital city of Wakayama Prefecture is also called Wakayama, and it is located in the southeastern part of the prefecture.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Learn about farming while volunteering in Nepal
- Discover paid teaching opportunities in China
- Volunteer work in India – help out at a homeschooling center
- Help with reforestation project while volunteering in India
- Volunteer in Nepal and share your culture and skills
- Build houses & teach English as a volunteer in Indonesia
- Teach English while volunteering in Indonesia
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Israel
- Volunteer in South India & help children with disabilities
- Help on an organic farm while volunteering in South India