We offer a beautiful house and surroundings, cute pets and a lovely community of housemates. De-accelerate your life while being productive!
Help out with light caretaking as a volunteer in France – requirements & tasks
We are looking for a person to assist my father in his daily life. We would like to welcome a new housemate into our historic Timbre-Frame house in Alsace, which is in close proximity to the German-French border. In exchange, we can provide you with a room to yourself, three healthy meals a day and a lot of free time in beautiful surroundings, with all your basic needs covered. Of course, you are free to use all common areas in the house.
Your tasks would consist of preparing food for my dad and giving him his diabetes meds, as well as taking him on a daily walk and making him a cup of tea. My father has had a few strokes and since then relies on this kind of basic assistance. It is less of a care-taking job and more akin to the supervision of young children; you primarily keep him company and provide meals. This position is NOT about washing someone or taking them to the toilet!
In between activities, you can simply enjoy life here by exploring the surrounding area or joining in to help further improve and expand our lovely home and garden. We are around 6-8 people living in this old farmhouse and adjacent barn. Our professions include musician, dancer, social worker and teacher – we are all creative. We usually cook and eat together, and enjoy each other’s company. Recent projects have for instance been the construction of our lovely sauna in the yard. We have a large garden, a dog, a cat and chickens in addition to fully equipped wood-working workshops in the barn. Frequent visitors make for quite a lively household. There is also a possibility to grow vegetables if so desired.
You will work for about 30 hours per week.
Help out with light caretaking as a volunteer in France – what we offer
In exchange we can provide you with a room to yourself, three healthy meals a day and a lot of free time in beautiful surroundings, with all your basic needs covered.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Learn about agroforestry while volunteering in England
- Volunteer in England & lend a hand with eco projects
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Wales, UK
- Help at Spiritual Retreat Centre as a volunteer in Scotland
- Volunteer in France & help renovate a 17th c. mansion
- Help out in a countryside hotel while volunteering in Wales
- Learn about biodynamics as a volunteer in Spain
- Volunteer in Serbia & help on a farm
- Help out with art projects & digital marketing while volunteering in the UK
- Join a friendly family as a volunteer in the UK