We are Ami + Elise. We live in a little corner of paradise in Wales, deep in the forest, far away from civilisation. Come rewild yourself.
Help out in an eco-project as a volunteer in Wales – requirements & tasks
Hello! We are seeking folks who would like to get involved and help us regenerate this small area of land (19 acres) to support a biodiverse ecosystem, grow food using permaculture and agroforestry approaches, and help humans rewild themselves (see our profile for more info). This project will need lots of help from both ‘skilled’ and ‘unskilled’ lovely humans.
If you have any special skills in carpentry, organic food growing, herbal medicine, permaculture, off-grid systems, plumbing, or agroforestry we would definitely love to hear from you. If your only ‘skill’ is a desire to get stuck in we would love to have you too!
These are just a few of the things that need doing (especially this year 2023) we will keep this updated. When you get in touch please let us know which of these are of interest and you can help with.
– Improving facilities for retreats and hosting people (building compost toilets, creating gravel paths, repairs to log cabin, fixing up static, designing and building of ceremony space)
– Organic vegetable and medicinal herb patch maintenance and expansion (weeding, clearing brush, sheet mulching, making raised beds, relocation of polytunnel)
– Land prep and tree planting for food, firewood and nature
– Permaculture and forest garden design and planning
– Land maintenance, repair and tidying
– Making improvements to our off-grid system (we mainly need advice at the moment eg installing hydroelectricity)
– Building a chicken house/coup and fenced area
– Cutting and raking wildflower meadows
– Building and removing fencing
You will work for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Help out in an eco-project as a volunteer in Wales – what we offer
For 4 hours minimum per day of your time, we offer a free stay and breakfast. We can also offer a full board for those who want to work a full day. We are very flexible and can negotiate days/times with each help stayer as people will be coming for various amounts of time.
There are a few different options for accommodation including a log cabin, caravan and tents. Where you will stay will all depend on availability at the time as we may have others here. Our camping field has 2 compost toilets and an outdoor kitchen with fridge and gas cooker. We also have a static caravan that has a kitchen and chill-out area. In warm weather, we have a very basic outdoor shower and for the cooler months, the shower in our home can be used. We will share some meals together and hope to make new friends and connect with like-minded people in the process, sharing our stories and skills with each other (probably around the campfire when the weather permits).
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in England & lend a hand with eco projects
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Wales, UK
- Help at Spiritual Retreat Centre as a volunteer in Scotland
- Volunteer in France & help renovate a 17th c. mansion
- Help out in a countryside hotel while volunteering in Wales
- Learn about biodynamics as a volunteer in Spain
- Volunteer in Serbia & help on a farm
- Help out with art projects & digital marketing while volunteering in the UK
- Join a friendly family as a volunteer in the UK
- Volunteer in England & help out with the eco-project
- Build a cooperative community while volunteering in Sweden