Visit a children’s home in the Kathmandu Valley that provides food, shelter, health care, clothing and education for underprivileged children. As a volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about Nepalese culture and share your own!
Volunteering in a children’s home in Nepal – requirements & tasks
Hello, my name is Bimal. I’m the founder and manager of our Children’s Home. We have been working for children in need since 2009. International volunteers are welcome. Join us and make a valuable contribution.
We provide accommodation for 20 children. Our home is located in Lalitpur, Kathmandu Valley, 13 km from the international airport. We would be pleased to share our culture with you and would love to hear about your wonderful life-learning experiences and cultures.
Tasks and roles will be discussed prior to arrival.
You will work for about 20 hours per week with weekends off.
Unfortunately, we only accept female volunteers. In our organization, we take care of female children only so we are unable to host male volunteers due to security and government rules and regulations.
*** IMPORTANT *** All volunteer applicants for this placement must undergo police vetting in their home country. This is because the role involves working with children (under 18s) and/or vulnerable adults, and their safety is our top priority. Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring a safe and secure environment for those we serve.
Volunteering in a children’s home in Nepal – what we offer
We provide a private room. A full board is included. You will have access to bed linen and laundry facilities.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Teach English while volunteering in Indonesia
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Israel
- Volunteer in South India & help children with disabilities
- Help on an organic farm while volunteering in South India
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Volunteer with an eco project in India
- Volunteer in East Timor. Teach Portuguese, Korean, or Vocational Skills
Posts by us
- Guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Going to southeast Asia? Here’s the visa guide
- What you need to know before renting a motorbike in Vietnam
- 7 steps to finding your calling
- My experience of volunteering in Laos and what you need to know
- Volunteer honeymoon in Thailand – a meaningful start to married life