Learn all about running a business at our innovative Indoor Camping hotel. You’ll meet guests from around the world and explore a city that needs no introduction – Amsterdam. Join us!
Volunteering in a hotel in the Netherlands – requirements & tasks
Hi! I’m Willem and in 2020 I built my dream: an indoor camping Hotel in Amsterdam. It’s a 1000m2 indoor park in which guests can spend the night in a vintage camper or even in one of the beach houses. Yes there is a white sandy beach!
The easiest explanation is: It looks like camping but it works like a hotel. Instead of boring rooms guests can sleep in a caravan, camper, gypsy wagon etc. Plus you get the social benefits of a hostel since guests can play Badminton or Jeu de Boules in the park.
You will be in Amsterdam, the cultural capital of The Netherlands. This city doesn’t need an introduction. You can spend your free time exploring the city and its surroundings. Plus you work in a totally new hotel concept you’ll learn how to set up and run a business.
I’m looking for someone preferably a couple or two friends who can help me out with the guests. Typical tasks include: check-in/check-out guests, helping guests, housekeeping, helping to decorate the campsite. Or, if you’re a real handyman/woman that has some real skills like carpentry to help me restore the classic caravans into beautiful bedrooms. You do need to have experience with basic tools like electric saws, drills etc.
I love to create and build things and I transformed all caravans into comfortable hotel rooms. I have a workshop in a separate area in the camping where I build the rooms. Currently, there are 22 rooms finished and I’m planning to build up to 30 rooms.
You will work for about 24 hours per week spread over 3 days.
Volunteering in a hotel in the Netherlands – what we offer
At this moment we have 6 volunteers who are helping us with the camping for the last 4 months. You will be sharing the house with them. Every couple has their own private bedroom. You’ll share a kitchen, living room and bathroom. We do have a washing machine and dryer. Since I’m not a good cook I give everyone money for groceries. Sometimes we do have pizza night.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Portugal
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Montenegro
- Help with the eco-project while volunteering in Tenerife
- Volunteer in Portugal & help with an off-grid food forest project
- Volunteer in Wales & Create Wellness Retreat & Pet Boarding Facility.
- Volunteer on an organic vegetable farm in Slovenia
- Join our backpacker hostel team as a volunteer in Scotland
- Go volunteering in Tenerife, help around the house & enjoy the island life.
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland
- Help with gardening in England as a volunteer.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in hospitality
- Embarking on an Adventure: The Ins and Outs of Volunteering in Backpacker Hostels
- Hostel Volunteer Guide: How to Volunteer at a Hostel for Free Accommodation
- A journey to finding happiness abroad: Why you should volunteer
- Six backpacker hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life