Learn forest gardening, eco-building & permaculture. Help with ecosystem regeneration in the mountains of the Canary Islands. Balance your tasks with days off exploring local beaches, scuba diving, or visiting popular destinations in Tenerife! Are you interested? Join us!
Volunteering in Tenerife’s eco project- requirements & tasks
We are a co-housing and permaculture project located in the Laurisilva forests of North West Tenerife. We work on ecosystem regeneration, integrating the cultural reality of the current world and making the most of modern science and technology.
Being taught by experienced permaculture practitioners is the most valuable thing we offer in exchange for your help. We have a wide range of skills and enjoy teaching others.
Interns will assist with many diverse projects like permaculture, ecosystem dynamics and regeneration, growing fruits and vegetables, raising animals, growing mushrooms, identifying and using wild plants, preparing herbal medicines, building houses and other structures, setting up and maintaining solar power systems, and cooking new dishes.
We would like your help with reforesting some parts of our lands. That involves digging and building garden beds, enriching the soil and planting trees, and bushes, covering it with manure and mulch, etc. You would also assist with building new wooden cabins and other structures (like greenhouses and stone walls).
You will need physical strength and endurance for those tasks.
We like to balance work and rest, social and private time and prefer to organize the day depending on what needs to be done and how we’re feeling. A typical day here is having tea together in the morning, free time until the afternoon, and then a few days a week working together.
You will work for about 20 hours per week. You can choose days and hours, we are flexible.
Volunteering in Tenerife’s eco project – what we offer
We offer you a private room with a shared kitchen and bathroom in a wooden house. We also provide bed linen and laundry facilities.
Meals are not included, but you’ll have your kitchen to prepare those, and we’ll share with you some farm produce like eggs and vegetables.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Portugal & help with an off-grid food forest project
- Volunteer in Wales & Create Wellness Retreat & Pet Boarding Facility.
- Volunteer on an organic vegetable farm in Slovenia
- Join our backpacker hostel team as a volunteer in Scotland
- Go volunteering in Tenerife, help around the house & enjoy the island life.
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland
- Help with gardening in England as a volunteer.
- Volunteering in North Wales for nature & outdoor lovers.
- Teach English & Discover Europe For Free
- Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic
Posts by us
- A Complete Guide to Volunteering as a Yoga Instructor
- What 6 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life
- Six amazing hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
- Here’s how to Find Your Calling
- Why a homestay overseas is a great way to learn a language
- Scared of volunteering abroad? Here’s how to face your fears