Chill out on your travels at one of Scotland’s most laid back hostels in the heart of beautiful Oban! We looking for volunteer help with the day to day tasks associated with running a busy backpacker hostel.
Volunteer in a hostel in Scotland – requirements & tasks
Whether you’re passing through Oban on the way to the Islands, or staying for a couple of days and exploring historic and beautiful Argyll, Oban Backpackers is the best backpacker accommodation in town!
Translated from its Gaelic tongue to mean ‘small bay’, Oban is an idyllic horseshoe bay sheltered from the Atlantic by the isle of Kerrera. Also known as the ‘Gateway to the Isles’, this is the largest port in North West Scotland and boasts spectacular views across to the Hebridean islands.
You will help us for about 30 hours a week with the day to day tasks associated with running a busy hostel.
Volunteer in a hostel in Scotland – what we offer
For your work, we will provide you with accommodation and breakfast. You’ll also enjoy amazing views. In particular, the view at dusk from McCaig’s Tower provides a sunset you are unlikely to forget. Like any small port, there is a lot going on in Oban; the bustle of fishing boats, ferries, yachts and sea birds make the waterfront a lovely place to be.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Go volunteering in Tenerife, help around the house & enjoy the island life.
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland
- Help with gardening in England as a volunteer.
- Volunteering in North Wales for nature & outdoor-lovers.
- Teach English & Discover Europe For Free
- Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic
- Volunteer in Poland in an organic garden, yoga centre and co-living project.
- Volunteer in Southern Italy. Help with flat renovations and enjoy the sea and mountain views
- Teach English in Italy and explore Amalfi coast.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in the United Kingdom
- Embarking on an Adventure: The Ins and Outs of Volunteering in Backpacker Hostels
- Hostel Volunteer Guide: How to Volunteer at a Hostel for Free Accommodation
- A journey to finding happiness abroad: Why you should volunteer
- Six backpacker hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer