A nature-loving couple, living in the hills of North Wales on a small holding is looking for company and help restoring buildings, growing food and flowers.
Volunteering in North Wales – requirements & tasks
We are a nature-loving couple living in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North Wales. Living in a beautifully renovated 17th Century farmhouse, set within 4 acres of grounds.
My husband and I are both working so we need assistance with cooking, renovating our old cattle shed, gardening, growing vegetables, planting trees and creating wildflower meadows. We love creating a bio diverse environment and would love for you to experience this with us!
There’s also an AirBnB, and we’re are getting a second one ready and we may ask you to help keep this beautiful. We are big foodies so ideally looking for helpers who enjoy food and cooking good food. We have a cat named Scruff (it’s a long story 🙂 ).
You will work alongside us and we will share our skills and knowledge, on the following tasks:
- Gardening – helping plant, grow and harvest fruit, vegetables and flowers
- Garden maintenance – lawns and hedges
- Light building work – completing our second AirBnB renovation
- Maintenance – keeping the house and grounds in great condition
- Change overs – AirBnB is a large part of our sustainability project. You may be asked to help with this and help make guests stay a positive one!
- Cooking – we cook amazing food and you might want to help with this
You will be asked to work 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week in exchange for food and lodging.
We are looking for couples to help us, but will also consider individual applications.
Volunteering in North Wales – what we offer
You will have your own space – a warm and cosy caravan with some personal outdoor space and privacy. You will eat with the family in the farmhouse.
We are very outdoorsy and can introduce you to hiking, kayaking, open water swimming and cycling in the fantastic hills of the North Wales countryside. Our place is in the fantastic position in that it is rural but within easy reach of Chester, Liverpool, and Manchester.
We have a large family who are grown and left the nest. We enjoy having people around the place. Throughout our careers we have enjoyed sharing our knowledge with others and Ray is a trained coach – so be rest assured you will take some great life skills away with you.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Teach English & Discover Europe For Free
- Volunteer in Southern Italy. Help with flat renovations and enjoy the sea and mountain views
- Teach English in Italy and explore Amalfi coast.
- Help with tasks on a farmstead with Anglo-French vibes in England.
- Volunteer in a spiritual community in Sweden
- Volunteer in Scotland and help maintain a caravan and a motorhome.
- Volunteer on Limnos, Greece as a bar assistant or yoga instructor.