Pool Farmhouse Orkney CL is an “Adult Only” Caravan & Motorhome Club. It is located at a 4.5-acre agricultural holding with a farmhouse and outbuildings on South Ronaldsay, one of the southern isles of the Orkney Isles off the North Coast of Scotland. Would you like to help us?
Volunteer in Scotland – requirements and tasks
The owners of the caravan & motorhome club are now in their 70s and 80s. They require help maintaining the area. Your responsibilities may include:
- grass cutting and gardening
- carpentry etc. to finish the ensuite bedroom
- replace a rusty tin roof. We can offer a site for a motorhome/ campervan or the use of a static motorhome with free electricity and gas which would be suitable for a couple or two sharing, in return for an average of two and a half hours of work per person per day.
We will ask you to work around two and a half hours a day (18 hours a week). The outside work is weather dependant so in good weather, you may be asked to work more and you’ll finish the 18 hours in 2 or 3 days!
Volunteer in Scotland – what we offer
We can offer a site for a motorhome/ campervan or the use of a static motorhome with free electricity and gas. It is suitable for two people to share.
In your free time you’ll be able to discover lovely Orkney Islands!
More volunteering opportunities in the UK:
- Volunteering in England for dog lovers. Enjoy the countryside & good food.
- Help us restore our Georgian house and grounds (West of Scotland)
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Learn Cider Making in England
- Help with tasks on a farmstead with Anglo-French vibes in England.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Share a house with fun people and volunteer in Switzerland for free
- Volunteer in Moldova and help stray animals live a better life
- Help exchange in a hostel in the Netherlands
- Volunteer in Poland in an organic garden, yoga centre and co-living project.
- Fun and friendly people wanted! Volunteer in a hostel in Ireland.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in the United Kingdom
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- Finding the perfect going away gift for a work colleague going travelling
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- The Best Digital Nomad Accommodation in Saranda, Albania