Learn Cider Making in England
Want to learn cider making? I’m a cider maker and apple grower in Cornwall, England. I need some help with cider making and apple picking. Also other tasks in the orchard and in our farm shop.
Hours & Roster: Approx. 30 hours/week, 2 days free
What’s included? Accommodation & full board
Tasks & Roles
We need some help with cider-making and apple-picking. Also other tasks in the orchard and our farm shop.
We are offering accommodation and shared food in exchange for help.
Haywood Farm is located in the beautiful Allen Valley, near the village of St. Mabyn, approximately 4 miles from Wadebridge.
St Mabyn (Cornish: S. Mabon) is a civil parish and village in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The village is situated three miles (5 km) east of Wadebridge. The parish includes a hamlet called Longstone to the east and many small manor houses, including Tregarden, Tredethy, Helligan Barton, and Colquite, all built in the 16th and 17th centuries. The area of the parish is 4,101 acres (16.60 km2).
The village is surrounded by high-quality, undulating farmland. The Allen Valley to the northwest contains several Cornish Nature Conservation Sites. Land to the southeast is designated as an open area of local significance. Four trees in the village are subject to preservation orders. The village has no connection to the main sewerage and relies on septic tank drainage.
The population in 2001 was 560 persons, the same as in 1811, having declined from 595 in 1991. The population in 2011 was 628. In 2013 the proportion of dwellings that were second homes or holiday accommodations was 10.1%.
The major economic activity in the parish is agriculture and the parish has several large farms. Most agriculture centers on dairying, with arable crops such as potatoes and rape and some raising of sheep.
Tom Bray produces around 26,000 liters of traditional farm cider a year at Haywood Farm, where he has propagated 5,000 apple trees.
We always advise that you take out adequate travel insurance before travelling.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer on Limnos, Greece as a bar assistant or yoga instructor.
- Volunteer on a farm in beautiful Croatia.
- Volunteering in England for dog lovers. Enjoy the countryside & good food.
- Teach us English & Stay for Free in Vietnam
- Volunteer in Lithuania & help in our homestead
- Learn about Organic Farming in Thailand
- Teach English & Spread Environmental Awareness in Indonesia
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Volunteer in Laos with our Educational Projects & Enjoy a Homestay
- Volunteer in Chiang Mai, Thailand: As a English Teacher