We are an award-winning hostels in the city centre of Galway, Ireland. We are looking for a real people person to help us with general maintenance of the place!
Volunteer in a hostel in Ireland – requirements & tasks
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who enjoy spending time with people! There are different tasks and duties to suit every personality type. We require help with:
1) Housekeeping: making beds, doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning.
2) Breakfast: preparing breakfast each morning, chatting to guests, smiling!
3) Night security (working two nights a week, with 5 days off!)
We require a minimum stay of 4 weeks and a minimum B2 level of English.
Ideal candidates will have hostel experience but that’s not a must. Please read our reviews on Hostelworld and Tripadvisor before applying so that you know what we are all about.
Please message us if you are interested – we’d love to hear from you! Sorry, we don’t accommodate couples or groups of friends.
Volunteers work approximately 4 hours a day for 4-5 days each week (total of 16-20 hours). The rest of the week is free time for you to enjoy Galway and explore the surrounding areas!
Volunteer in a hostel in Ireland – what we offer?
Volunteers receive free accommodation in a dormitory shared with other volunteers. We normally have 4-8 volunteers so we usually have 2×6 bed dorms for volunteers.
You will get a free breakfast every day. We also offer free WiFi.
You will also get a priceless opportunity to explore Ireland and the area!
More volunteering opportunities in Ireland
- Help us run our Summer Holiday Village in Ireland
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Help around our Hostel in Northern Ireland
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Converse in English & discover Malta for free this summer
- Go volunteering with horses in Greece, Skyros island.
- Improve your cooking skills while volunteering in southern France!
- Help students improve their English. Go volunteering in Poland.
- Volunteer in Austria caring for horses and other animals
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in the United Kingdom
- Five amazing places to stay for free in Ireland – if you volunteer
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- The Best Digital Nomad Accommodation in Saranda, Albania
- Complete guide to exchanging work for accommodation and travelling for free