Come and explore beautiful Sligo, the adventure capital of Ireland and stay in awesome accommodation. Work away in Ireland – it’s a perfect work and play mix!
Hello from the Wild Atlantic Way! We run a summer holiday village and are looking for a few people to help out for a few hours a day with general housekeeping and cleaning.
We are located on the edge of Sligo town, close to the Wild Atlantic Way. Known as the adventure capital of Ireland, we are well connected with train and bus routes to Dublin and Galway.
On your doorstep are world-class beaches, surf spots, horse riding, SUPing, kayaking and a brilliant night life with traditional and contemporary music in Sligo’s pubs. It’s also the foodie capital of the North West.
We have 26 properties in our gated village and have Irish and international guests. Your work away in Ireland experience involves general cleaning and housekeeping, with some occasional reception duties if needed.
20 hours a week, usually between 10 am – 2 pm. The rest of the day is yours to explore and enjoy everything Sligo has to offer. Strandhill surf village is just 6km away and serviced by a regular bus service. Perfect work/play mix!
Work away in Ireland: Tasks & Roles
We are looking for a few people to help out for a few hours a day with general housekeeping and cleaning.
Work involves general cleaning and housekeeping, with some occasional reception duties if needed. 20 hourS a week, usually between 10 am – 2 pm.
We provide a very comfortable private townhouse exclusively for our valued helpers. The accommodation is housed in a gated village with landscaped gardens, bike sheds, private parkin,g and CCTV throughout.
Features of the townhouse:
- free high speed wifi
- self accommodation
- cable tv
- bed linen and towels
- free bike hire
The Unirooms accommodation at Ard Nua Village is situated at the edge of Sligo, the main town in the North West of Ireland.
Sligo is easily accessed by train and bus with a regular service from 6am – 10pm. Driving:
- 2.5 hours from Dublin
- 2 hours from Galway
Work away in Ireland: What else?
Sligo has to offer. Strandhill surf village are just 6km away and serviced by a regular bus service. Perfect work/play mix!
Do you need a Visa to travel? Get the correct Visa online now >>
Volunteering exchanges in Ireland
- Experience Farming, Irish Culture and Learn English (Ireland)
- Volunteer in our Backpacker Hostel in Belfast (Northern Ireland)
- Full-time Volunteer with Dublin Simon Community (Ireland)
- Gardening & Helping with B&B Chores (Ireland)
- Work Experience Placement Wild Atlantic Way (Ireland)
- Help with B&B tasks – Experience Culture & Nature (Ireland)
- Hostel Exchange & Coffee Shop Helping (Ireland)
- Join our Hostel Team on a work exchange (Northern Ireland)
- Be an Awesome Volunteer Helper on our Farm (Ireland)
- Hotel Work for Accommodation Exchange (Northern Ireland)
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
More volunteering opportunities
- Volunteer as a Care Assistant with us this Summer (France)
- Work away in Italy at our Agri-tourism business
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Volunteer on a Organic Farm in Portugal
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Help around our Hostel in Northern Ireland
- Experience Off-Grid Living & Druidism in Ireland
- Help with Glamping Site Construction in France
- Work Accommodation Food France
If you’re going overseas, always ensure you get the right insurance cover to Live Abroad.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in the United Kingdom
- The ultimate guide to teaching English and living in Morocco
- Considering volunteering in Sri Lanka? Meet Giuliana who can help you do just that!
- A journey to finding happiness abroad: Why you should volunteer
- What you need to know before renting a motorbike in Vietnam
- A volunteers guide to volunteering in Laos
- Everything a woman travelling alone in Jordan needs to know
- A complete guide to volunteering as a yoga instructor
- Six amazing hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
Join our Volunteering Abroad Community on Facebook. It’s a group to ask questions, share your experiences, and meet other volunteers. See you there >>