Couple wanted to work away in Italy at stunning Sicilian agriturismo. We’re looking for a friendly, honest & hardworking English/Italian speaking couple to help run our Agri-tourism business from April – Oct.
Work away in Italy overview
Coupled wanted to help at stunning Sicilian agriturismo. We run a small, picturesque agriturismo in the beautiful platani valley – 20 mins north of Agrigento and the famous valley of the Temples. We are looking for a friendly, honest and hardworking couple to help us during our 2020 busy tourist season (April to end of October).
Work will include: meeting, greeting and hosting guests; cleaning; kitchen help and food preparation; teaching us english and occasional work on the farm. We need someone who:
- is native or fluent in English
- speaks Italian to a sufficient level.
- is cheery and likes meeting people
- is reliable and not afraid of hard work, (especially during the busier summer months).
- Hospitality and catering experience is a bonus.
We will provide you with your own en-suite bedroom and all meals. During your time off you will have an opportunity to explore the beautiful countryside or simply relax by our pool. And true to Sicilian tradition we will welcome you into our family!
Work away in Italy tasks & roles
Feudo Muxarello is a busy place, but also a happy place. There is always work to do (especially during the busier tourist season), but everyone works with a smile and we always make time to talk, laugh and and enjoy meals together (welcoming both staff and guests into our family).
For this reason we are looking for a couple who are: friendly (sociable people who like meeting people); hardworking (people who are happy to help when it is busy); and honest (people we can entrust to run the agriturismo when we are busy on the farm). Most importantly, we need a couple who speak English fluently, and who also speak Italian to a sufficient level (because we speak little English and will find it difficult to communicate otherwise). If you have hospitality or catering experience this will be a bonus!
Although no two days are ever the same, and we will try and match you to tasks that suit your experience and preferences and make sure you have time to relax/sightsee, generally we will need help with the following tasks:
- running the breakfast buffet
- cleaning the rooms; kitchen and dining room
- food preparation/cooking
- greeting and checking-in guests
- hosting the communal dinners
- grounds and garden maintenance
- occasional farm help
- teaching us English
A flexible, happy approach is therefore appreciated!
We will provide you with one of our beautiful en-suite rooms. It has Air-conditioning/heating, a TV and fridge.
Having your own car is the easiest way to reach us, and also enables you to sightsee more easily. However, it is possible to easily get to us by public transport from Palermo International Airport.
From Palermo airport you can take the train to Aragona Caldare train-station (via Palermo Centrale). From here we will pick you up. Alternatively, if you fly to Catania Airport you can take the bus to Agrigento Centrale Bus station and we will pick you up from here.
There is a swimming pool on our grounds and you can walk in the beautiful countryside. Valley of the Temples/Agrigento are a 20 minute drive away and there are lots of beautiful beaches and hilltop towns within an hours drive.
If you are interested in this position please can you send us a message in Italian (as we speak limited English).
Valid tourist visa/permits are the responsibility of the helper and we cannot assist you with this. We will therefore only accept couples who have the right to legally reside in Italy for the 6 month minimum stay we require.
More work away in Italy opportunities
- Help with Taking Care of our Sardinia Home (Italy)
- Blog Writing, Marketing & Internet Business Internship (Italy)
- Experience Farm Life with Nature & Animals (Italy)
- Help at a 18th Century Villa in Tuscany (Italy)
- Explore Taormina’s Beaches while Enjoying Hostel Life (Italy)
- Live, Share & Learn with an Italian Family (Italy)
- Teach English Classes this Summer with us (Italy)
- Intern in Tuscany – Learn the Wine Tourism Business (Italy)
- Tourist Artistic Assistant Needed (Italy)
- Help a Group of Friends Restore a Mountain Hut (Italy)
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Volunteer on a Organic Farm in Portugal
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Help around our Hostel in Northern Ireland
- Experience Off-Grid Living & Druidism in Ireland
- Be a Care Assistant with us (France)
- Help with Glamping Site Construction in France
- Work Accommodation Food France
- Kazan Hostel Volunteering Russia
- Volunteer in Russia as a Camp Leader
If you’re going overseas, always ensure you get the right insurance cover to Live Abroad.
Posts by us
- Six amazing hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
- What to know before your hostel work stay
- Here’s how to Find Your Calling
- Why a homestay overseas is a great way to learn a language
- Scared of volunteering abroad? Here’s how to face your fears
- The Intrepid Traveller’s Guide to Volunteering in Russia
- Guide to being an Au Pair in New Zealand
- Going to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- Volunteering Visa Guide to Backpacking in South America
- What is volunteering? 10 ways you can change the world
Join our Volunteering Abroad Community on Facebook. It’s a group to ask questions, share your experiences, and meet other volunteers. See you there >>