Volunteer with us in Panama for human development, cultural immersion, sustainability, magical experiences, and bunk bed + breakfast accommodation.
Volunteering in a hostel in Panama – requirements & tasks
We’re nestled between the refreshing mountain air and the invigorating surf.
Our hostel is located in the heart of the vibrant and trendy city in David, Chiriqui. Our accommodation is the talk of the town and is perfect for guests who want to immerse themselves in the creative, innovative, and humanistic spirit of the city.
There are countless cool bars, fancy boutiques, and alternative coffee shops surrounding us, as well as surf spots, hiking trails in the mountains, and plenty of other cultural activities for our guests to enjoy. Come experience the magic of the west side of Panama City with us.
Our hostel setup in Panama, Republic of Panama has two locations: one at the border of Chagres National Park and the other in David City, near volcano hikes and beaches. Our focus is on human development, creating magical experiences, cultural immersion, sustainability, and care for the environment.
As a volunteer, you will have the chance to learn new skills, develop leadership abilities, and gain valuable experience working in a multicultural environment. You will also have the opportunity to connect with locals, learn about their traditions and customs, and share your own culture with others.
Our hostel team works to promote sustainable tourism and environmentally responsible practices. By volunteering with us, you will be contributing to conservation efforts and helping to preserve the natural beauty of Panama’s environment.
Daily tasks include helping with the front desk, keeping the hostel tidy and clean, gardening and sharing culinary experiences.
Also, content creation, photography, and arts (graffiti or painting murals) are a plus.
You will work for about 20 hours per week.
Volunteering in a hostel in Panama – what we offer
We provide bunk bed accommodation, breakfast and all-day coffee every day in exchange for your help. We have fruits in our backyard free for everyone. Bed linen and laundry facilities are granted.
Other volunteering opportunities in Central America
- Join our Outdoor Adventure Team while volunteering in Guatemala
- Volunteer as an au-pair in Costa Rica.
- Help this hostel during a work exchange in Costa Rica.
- Volunteer in Costa Rica in a hostel in Cloud Forest area.
- Volunteer in Honduras in a hostel on a beautiful island of Roatan.
- Volunteer in Panama. Help create a self sufficient and sustainable island home.
- Volunter in Costa Rica. Take care of a rancho or cook healthy meals and enjoy the beach!
Posts by us
- 7 steps to finding your calling
- Guide to volunteering in South America
- Guide to working for accommodation & travelling low cost
- Hostel Volunteer Guide: How to Volunteer at a Hostel for Free Accommodation
- Staying in a hostel can save you some serious money
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement