We’ve run our independent, family-run hostel for 7 years already and it’s been the best time of our lives. Join us if you appreciate the great atmosphere, the beach, surfing, and beautiful sunsets.
Volunteering in a hostel in Portugal – requirements & tasks
It has been amazing to receive fantastic guests from all corners of the world. We appreciate the exchange of cultures, stories and travels. We have been running our hostel for 7 years and it has been the best time of our lives. At the moment we are looking for some workers & volunteers to help in different positions.
We like to know different cultures and our main goal is to know a little bit about every single person that works or volunteers with us – their culture, food and traditions. The best way to get to know other people is t cook together, talk about our traditions and explain and show our beautiful country.
We are looking for volunteers of minimum 25 years of age.
You will work for about 15 hours per week.
Volunteering in a hostel in Portugal – what we offer
In their free time, workers and volunteers will have a lot to explore. Our hostel is located near beautiful beaches and several points of interest. Berlengas Island, òbidos Castle, buddha eden garden, supertubos beach (well known because of the World Surf League). Is the perfect spot for surf lovers. The beaches are amazing, especially in the evening when you can admire breathtaking sunsets.
In exchange for your work, you get free accommodation in a shared dormitory and breakfast. The workers receive also payment for the hours worked, based on the minimum wage in Portugal.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Montenegro
- Help with the eco-project while volunteering in Tenerife
- Volunteer in Portugal & help with an off-grid food forest project
- Volunteer in Wales & Create Wellness Retreat & Pet Boarding Facility.
- Volunteer on an organic vegetable farm in Slovenia
- Join our backpacker hostel team as a volunteer in Scotland
- Go volunteering in Tenerife, help around the house & enjoy the island life.
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland
- Help with gardening in England as a volunteer.
- Volunteering in North Wales for nature & outdoor lovers.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in hospitality
- Embarking on an Adventure: The Ins and Outs of Volunteering in Backpacker Hostels
- Hostel Volunteer Guide: How to Volunteer at a Hostel for Free Accommodation
- A journey to finding happiness abroad: Why you should volunteer
- Six backpacker hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life