We are looking for young and enthusiastic individuals to join our warm and friendly team. The hostel was a cinema founded in 1938; now, it has movie-themed rooms and cocktails. Join us!
Volunteering in a hostel in Israel – requirements & tasks
We are located right in the middle of Jerusalem – our hostel is just 8-minute walk from the market, 12 minutes from the old city, and in the heart of all the cool places to go out in the holy city. The staff, including the owners, reception, cleaners, and volunteers are young folks who had been backpackers themselves. The atmosphere here is amazing!
The hostel was once a real cinema and it was built in 1938. Now, we screen movies every night, our bar serves drinks from famous movies, and each room has a theme of a different movie. The Hostel is also part of the Orion space.
Orion is part of a culture-oriented community in the heart of Jerusalem. It connects citizens with international visitors and local creators with their audience.
We are always on the lookout for young and enthusiastic individuals to join our warm and friendly team.
Typical tasks include gardening, cooking, shopping, general maintenance, supporting art projects and serving customers.
You will work for about 25 hours per week. Tasks and work shifts will be discussed upon application, as it depends on the position you applied for. Free days depend on the position you chose. It is usually 4 shifts a week and 3 days off.
Volunteering in a hostel in Israel – what we offer
We provide a shared dormitory in our hostel. Half board is included. We use organic ingredients from our own garden. Volunteers will also have access to laundry facilities and bed linen.
Couples are welcome.
Other volunteering opportunities in Middle East & Asia
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Volunteering In A Hostel In Palestine
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Volunteer with an eco project in India
- Volunteer in East Timor. Teach Portuguese, Korean, or Vocational Skills
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in hospitality
- Embarking on an Adventure: The Ins and Outs of Volunteering in Backpacker Hostels
- Hostel Volunteer Guide: How to Volunteer at a Hostel for Free Accommodation
- Staying in a hostel can save you some serious money
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement