We’re an organic farm located at the foothills of the Kurungani Mountains that is research-oriented. Research areas include aquaponics, wood and metal working, pond making, and construction activities. Join us!
Volunteering in South India on a farm – requirements & tasks
We are located at the foothills of the Kurungani Mountains in the village of Bodinayakannur of Theni District. Our land is 21 acres bordered by the Bodi West Hills Reserve forest which includes a trekking path to the Bodimettu 1600m high. You can reach us by bus 60 km away from Munnar.
Farming: existing yield includes mangoes (800 trees), Coconut (700 trees), Gooseberry, Moringa, pomegranate, custard apple, guava, cherry etc. We conduct research on various crops in the ravines of our land to test the fertility, yield and sustainability of various crops.
Non-farming: if you are experienced, you will be designing and building a hydroponic system. You can also do crafts, construct bamboo houses, wood & metal work, electrical & plumbing work, farm equipment repairs and maintenance.
You will have access to a fully equipped in-house workshop with all amenities. We can also provide support for research students/ researchers to conduct various workshops related to energy conservation, wood/metal etc.
You will work for about 30 hours per week.
Volunteering in South India on a farm – what we offer
Comfortable accommodation and all meals are included. You will also have access to laundry facilities.
In your free time you can hike to the Bodimettu 1600m high with amazing views.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Volunteer with an eco project in India
- Volunteer in East Timor. Teach Portuguese, Korean, or Vocational Skills
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan.
- Volunteer in Laos with our Educational Projects & Enjoy a Homestay
- Volunteer on a permaculture farm in India near Mumbai