Fancy Ski Resort Volunteering Japan? If you’re enthusiastic, love to ski, fancy living free for a time in Japan, we’d love to hear from you. We run two ski lodges in the heart of Niseko Hirafu ski resort, Japan.
In exchange for your volunteer help, we’ll provide you with free accommodation, meals & lots of skiing.
Ski Resort Volunteering Japan – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 36 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation, meals & skiing
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Ski Resort Volunteering Japan – Help Required
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic team helping in our ski lodges and restaurants. Responsibilities will vary from:
- Cleaning, cooking, serving and clearing snow.
- Performing house maintenance duties (e.g. carpentry, painting).
- Computer work (e.g. updating homepage, designing fliers, and writing newsletters).
Hours & Roster
- Volunteers will help for 36 hours a week. When off-duty, helpers are encouraged to explore and enjoy the magnificent landscapes of Niseko.
Sleeping: We run 2 lodges called ‘Annupuri Oasis Lodge’ and ‘Australian House’. You may stay at the Australian house with guests or at our staff ski lodge located 200m away. Both accommodations are equipped with high-speed internet.
Linen & Laundry: We do provide bedding but it may not be warm enough, so please bring your own sleeping bags as well. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: All meals are included.
Transport: The closest international airport to the Niseko Resort Area is New Chitose International Airport (CTS) also referred to as Sapporo Chitose (CTS). The airport is located in Chitose city which is 36km south east of Sapporo city and 115km east of the Niseko Resort Area. We can advise on best way to get to us, on confirmation and agreement of stay.
Ski Resort Volunteering Japan – Amenities & Preferences
- Ski passes: During the winter season, depending on the availability and ski resort policy, volunteers may be given complimentary access to ski passes for 3 or more hours a day.
- Clothing: We advise that helpers bring warm and proper outdoor attire to combat the frigid winters in Hokkaido.
- Experience of a life time: Regardless of when you come, Niseko’s beauty will leave you in awe. While volunteering, not only do you get to immerse yourself in nature, but you will also make new friends from different countries that share your passion.
- Volunteer Preferences: will be given to individuals with international driver’s licence and or speak Japanese at the conversational level.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Volunteer in Chiang Mai, Thailand: As a English Teacher
- Volunteer in Thailand as an English Teacher and/or Day Care Assistant
- Join Our Vietnam Language Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City
- Enjoy Farming and Teaching Volunteering in Thailand
- Vietnam Teach English and Live in Ha Giang
- Animal Sanctuary Volunteering Thailand
- Teach in Cambodia with us
- Volunteer East Timor (No fees, free room & board)