We grow vegetables and fruit all year round for local consumption and to share with friends. If you’d like to have an experience in syntropic farming in Portugal, this is an opportunity for you!
Volunteer on a farm in Portugal – requirements & tasks
Our home is a farm in the countryside of Portugal. We grow vegetables and fruits starting with germination, grafting, and other forms of reproducing plants through seed processing and food conservation.
We also have various building projects around the house. If you want to learn or contribute with your knowledge we would love to hear from you. This is a small property where I and others are implementing a syntropic garden. I am also very active in the local community.
We have a garden of 900 square meters that needs daily care and maintenance. Also help is needed with general carpentry, painting, and cement work if you have the skills.
You’re the most welcome form April until November for 2-4 week stays (longer also possible).
Volunteer on a farm in Portugal – what we offer
You will have your own loft with a kitchenette – but we will eat at least two meals a day together if not three. So you’ll not need to cook much 🙂 The room has its own ensuite bathroom and a large comfortable double bed as well as two single beds (if needed otherwise serves as a couch). Total size about 45 m2 and you have your own entrance and garden. Laundry facilities are shared.
While with me you will learn how to germinate plants, how to prepare and plant beds, how to make compost, how to prune, graft, mulch, collect seed, harvest and conserve and other techniques of managing a home garden.
Our town Tomar has two lakes nearby and it is fun and very pretty.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Help to care for rescued animals; volunteer in France.
- Volunteering opportunity in Belgium for artists; join an artistic experiment.
- Do you like fishing? Join this opportunity in France by a lake full of fish.
- Are you over 30? Take care of a historic estate while volunteering in France.
- Volunteer on Gran Canaria & join a welcoming place with an artistic vibe.
- Volunteer with dogs in Italy & stay in contact with nature.
- Volunteer in a hotel in the Netherlands & gain experiece in hospitality.
Posts by us
- Here’s what it’s like to be a volunteer teacher in Liberia
- Volunteering online is the new volunteering abroad – Here’s how to do it
- Everything a woman travelling solo in Jordan needs to know
- 6 Ways Travelling Can Boost Your Mindfulness
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life
- Ways to volunteer online without leaving your home
- Going to southeast Asia? Here’s the visa guide