It was my dream to change my lifestyle and become an alpaca farmer. 14 years & 100 alpacas later, I’m ready to invite you to volunteer in Sweden!
Volunteer in Sweden with alpacas – requirements & tasks
I’m fortunate to own and rent a reasonable amount of land so the alpacas have plenty of their own space. They can choose if they want interact with us and our guests, or just relax in one of the fields or wander round in the forests. They do enjoy the pellets we feed them and look so cute when they run, jump and canter in their groups, eager for the daily feed 🙂
The well-being of my animals is the most important thing on the farm. Do they have good food and enough water, and the best possible natural environment? Do they have shade when required and some sand to roll in?
Running the farm is wonderful but takes a lot of work… and then we found out about volunteering! We’ve had hundreds of volunteers visiting over the years. People really felt they could contribute and help me and my little family 🙂
No day is the same here on the farm! Volunteers should be able to take the initiative and work independently when needed, as well as work cooperatively with others for about 33 hours every week (2 days off). During the months of June – September, on weekends and during holidays, our adjoining Bed & Breakfast can very busy and any help is greatly appreciated.
We look for volunteers all year round. All volunteers must be in good health both physically and emotionally, and comfortable around other people, children and animals. It’s important we all have a “let’s do this” attitude. Self-initiative is greatly appreciated – so is positivity!
I’m very much looking forward to welcoming you to my farm and family life!
Volunteer in Sweden with alpacas – what we offer
We have a separate space for volunteers to sleep in, each equipped with a bed, couch, desk and kitchen. In case of multiple volunteers, you may be housed in one of the other rooms inside the farm house.
There is always somewhere on the farm to be by yourself if you need it. 🙂 You can even take Malta, the farm dog, for a walk in the forest.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Lisbon, Portugal & help in a new party hostel.
- General administration and management internship in Antwerp, Belgium
- Help to restore a castle while volunteering in southern France.
- Italy is calling! Volunteer in Milan in a hostel.
- Volunteer in England & restore a Victorian house by the beach.
- Help with farming and taking care of animals while volunteering in Norway.
- Volunteer in Scotland and help build an eco-house & run a scientific business.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in Spain
- Eight free gap-year placements in South America in 2023 – if you volunteer
- Guide to volunteering in the United Kingdom
- The volunteering visa guide to backpacking in South America 2023
- Guide to volunteering – caring for animals
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement
- Volunteering and its Surprising Health Benefits